Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Fuel pump replacement

Hello and thank you for the add! I have a 2014 Ford E450 super duty V10 and 6.8 engine. I'm needing a fuel pump. Giving the Ford dealerships my VIN number for this part, will not get the me pump that has the extra port to supply the onan generator fuel line. (you know the RV builder has to know right? ) Has anyone replaced their fuel pump and how did you find the correct part? Better yet, if you have the part number you would be my hero!! thanks in advance! (ps the fuel pump is inside the gas tank)
comfort4dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #2

The geny has it's own pump. It can only get fuel until the tank reaches 1/4 so you don't run out while boon docking. The supply line is not connected to the FORD fuel pump only the tank.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfort4dogs View Post
Hello and thank you for the add! I have a 2014 Ford E450 super duty V10 and 6.8 engine. I'm needing a fuel pump. Giving the Ford dealerships my VIN number for this part, will not get the me pump that has the extra port to supply the onan generator fuel line. (you know the RV builder has to know right? ) Has anyone replaced their fuel pump and how did you find the correct part? Better yet, if you have the part number you would be my hero!! thanks in advance! (ps the fuel pump is inside the gas tank)

From Rock Auto Parts - this may be what you need:

MOTORCRAFT PFS574 {#BC2Z9H307B} I
GAS; w/ Midship Fuel Tank; w/ Auxiliary Ports

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...assembly,10147

2011 F250 CCLB, 6.7 w/Puck System plus Slide in camper option,

2014 Montana 343RL (Just sold it)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 06:45 PM   #4

fuel pump replacement

Here is more information regarding my situation. This vehicle did not come equipped with a genny. So the fuel pump and or gas tank does not have any modifications for a genny. I'm trying to figure out how to get gas to the genny from the vehicle gas tank. I understand the genny has a fuel pump and I understand about the 1/4 tank rule. what I don't know is how the manufacturers make the connection from the genny fuel line to the engine fuel tank at the time of build. I'm hoping someone has the knowledge of either building this out or replacing the fuel pump in the tank which I think has the extra port to connect the fuel line from the genny.. however, with that said, what would be in place to drop down from that port to the inside of the tank to allow the gas to be pulled up and ensure the 1/4 tank "rule" This alone makes me think there is a specific engine fuel pump made for these RV's.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Here is more information regarding my situation. This vehicle did not come equipped with a genny. So the fuel pump and or gas tank does not have any modifications for a genny. I'm trying to figure out how to get gas to the genny from the vehicle gas tank. I understand the genny has a fuel pump and I understand about the 1/4 tank rule. what I don't know is how the manufacturers make the connection from the genny fuel line to the engine fuel tank at the time of build. I'm hoping someone has the knowledge of either building this out or replacing the fuel pump in the tank which I think has the extra port to connect the fuel line from the genny.. however, with that said, what would be in place to drop down from that port to the inside of the tank to allow the gas to be pulled up and ensure the 1/4 tank "rule" This alone makes me think there is a specific engine fuel pump made for these RV's.
If it is a motor home chassis there is a pickup tube built into the tank. If it is not an original motor home chassis you need to change the tank. It comes directly from FORD with the pick-up tube. It is not added by the motorhome manufacturer.

Right from FORD's SPECS for a motorhome chassis options.

AFT-OF-AXLE FUEL TANK
• A 40-gallon aft-of-axle fuel tank is standard on E-350
and available on E-450
• A 55-gallon aft-of-axle fuel tank is standard on E-450
and available on E-350 DRW with 158 inch wheelbase
An Auxiliary Fuel Port, located on the fuel tank, offers entry
point access to the fuel tank for specialized gas powered
equipment such as a power generator.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #6

fuel pump replacement

WOW Grumpy, this is the first time reading about this scenario. I guess I need to change my title to Fuel tank replacement! This makes perfect sense. I know I have the 55 gal tank. I'll have my mechanic get up underneath the beast and ask him to check it out, maybe just maybe this tank will have that Aux fuel port, not sure he'll be able to see the top of the tank without dropping it down.. but.. We have to start somewhere! Is there a website where I can read more about these specs? thanks!!
Old 12-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #7

Quote:
We have to start somewhere! Is there a website where I can read more about these specs? thanks!!
That info is from the brochure.

You probably need to find the up-fitter sheet. Your dealer should also be able to find more info with the vin# as to whether or not it was built on a motorhome cut-away chassis and which tank it has.