Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #1

Fuel Saving Card

Anyone have any experience with TSD Logistics Fuel Saving Cards? I recently heard brief information about it and was wondering if it's worth getting. Thanks much.
JmsNMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #2

As long as you're using diesel, it's fantastic. Well worth getting.
2010 Jeep Wrangler - TOAD
Wandrews530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #3

We signed up a couple of months ago and used it for the first time on a recent trip to Colorado.
It saved us an average of $.22 a gallon.
The only downside was that a couple of times there were no places close that we could use the card.
We will remember to fill up when leaving the interstate or major highways going forward.

2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
lhpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:37 PM   #4

I paid around 1.80 to 1.95 in Va and new york.

The best discounts are now at Petro and TA stations. There is very little discount at loves or pilots. The program changes as they negotiate different discounts.

The best thing is pay at the pump.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #5

FMCA offers a card through TCS Fuel that you deposit funds against. Usually $.40 to $.80 discount.
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon.jpg  
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmsNMar View Post
Anyone have any experience with TSD Logistics Fuel Saving Cards? I recently heard brief information about it and was wondering if it's worth getting. Thanks much.
Must use diesel and must be able to use the truck pumps. The card does not work last the auto/car pumps.

Now the flat discount at Loves is .16 per gallon whereas at TA or Metro it can be as much as .60 per gallon. RV users cannot use the TSD card at Pilot or if Pilot accepts the card you will pay full price and then TSD will charge the usual service charge so you end up paying more.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #7
CAG

Old topic.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ard-78744.html

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:08 AM   #8

Maybe an old topic, but its a great savings. We have one and use it often. Great savings!
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #9

CAG... Thanks, tough guy.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:33 PM   #10
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Maybe an old topic, but its a great savings. We have one and use it often. Great savings!

Probably is. I should have added to that post that the URL I posted to the thread had much of the information on the card. Hoping that would save people some time and avoid another 3 page thread on the same topic.

I really do like to help when I can but we seem to get 10-20 page threads going on the same information that was discussed in another thread two days prior. We seem to spend a bunch of time here posting the same things over and over

Old 10-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #11

I just ask about the same thing, so when we was going on my 3000+ miles trip I did send for one and it came in handy you can also get DEF there in the truck lane.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #12

Forwarding the link is cool. Dry personality is not cool. Happy Trails...
Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #13

Only takes 4 clicks and a login for a site team member / moderator to merge 2 threads.

If multiple threads are an issue it is an easy fix.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #14
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmsNMar View Post
Forwarding the link is cool. Dry personality is not cool. Happy Trails...

I love it when someone takes a low shot at another someone and then puts a little "Happy Trails" at the end. That really is not cool.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #15
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Only takes 4 clicks and a login for a site team member / moderator to merge 2 threads.

If multiple threads are an issue it is an easy fix.

That is probably what should be done but consider the number of which truck? which tire? which oil? can I tow this? threads. It could be a major task at this point.

PS: The best process with this would be to help those that post asking questions that are repeated over and over is to help them find the "search" bar and other ways to find solutions to questions. I just saw one reply to a post directing the person to Google. It is amazing what you can find there to fix a problem. Many are not computer proficient, and that is fine but it really is the "teach them to fish" thing. This thread was/is an example of a topic that had just been discussed, at length, a month or so before.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #16

Thanks to those who provided what they know regarding this original question. I guess anyone seeking information on any topic better conduct a further thorough search of this website to make sure it hasn't already been addressed before possibly revisiting it, again. "HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!"
Old 10-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #17

And CAG... Your forwarding of the link was appreciated, but your blunt "old topic" response seems condescending. A repeat thread on an already discussed topic doesn't require a lecture on the "search" feature. Happy Trails
Old 10-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #18
CAG

You are correct. I should have said "go here for further information", which I normally do but was in a bit of a hurry at the time, my bad. Sorry it came across that way.

On the same note, your passive/aggressive responses are not appreciated either. If you have a problem with my response I am more than happy to discuss it in a PM.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #19

I use the Shell Mastercard. Save $0.10 every time.
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #20

I use it all the time. Like many have said the best deal with it is at TA and Petro truck stops. I've seen as much as $20 to $25 off 30 gallons. There are fees but they are mostly based on how much you save and I believe a $1 service fee for each use. I like that is set to pull straight from my checking account so no worries about another payment. They send an email with a statement before taking the $ out of your account. The best part is there is no subscription fees. You don't use it it costs you nothing. They also have an app for your smartphone that gives you some value information. The customer service seems pretty responsive also. If you need to you can take a cash withdrawal on it also I think upto $400 but the truck stops do change a fee for that. Honestly I haven't found a negative to it yet. Yes there are places it dosen't make sense to use it as you will actually pay more for its use because of the fees. I only use it at TA and only if I'm getting 15 gallons or more fuel. You also need to make sure the truck side pumps will fit in your trucks filler. The pumps are high flow and if you put the pump on high it will drop about a gallon of fuel on the ground when it clicks off. (Don't ask how I know that) my truck will take the fuel on high but like I sad it spits it out when its down. Most newer truck will work fine with the bigger pumps but I would make sure before you sign up. You can also buy DEF for the newer trucks at the pump with it. There is now savings on the pump DEF but at the pump its already about half the pice or more then buying it in the bottle. Plus the pump def is fresher then the bottles. FYI DEF has a shelf life and its not all that long either. Sorry for the long post but there you have it.
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote