Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
Not to get too far off track but do any of you guys have a locking gas cap on your fuel tank? If so, is there a "special" type? or just a regular old locking gas cap ?
My 2011 31DS has a locking gas cap, and it is just the regular kind you can buy at any auto parts store. I bought the unit from its original owner, so I do not know if it is the original gas cap.

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #42

Thanks Mike )

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #43

Exactly. I bought my 2004 Greyhawk 31ss last year and had that problem several ties. I always make sure that the front in downhill from the rear of the MH. Had that happen at a Kroger store in Perry,Ga. Down to 1/4 tank. Pumped 8 gals then pump kept shutting off. Had DW hold fill house & I turned MH around so that front end was on downward slope of parking lot. Filled up fast and completely then.
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymac66 View Post
I have a frustrating problem whenever I fuel the gas tank of my Greyhawk. It takes forever to fuel because the pump nozzle keeps shutting off. This happens no matter what type of nozzle and how far into the fuel pipe I insert it. I am talking here of the normal shut-down of a vapor recycle nozzle when the tank is almost full. On rare occasions this does not happen, but I am unable to attribute it to anything different that I am doing. Weather makes no difference.

I had this same problem when I rented a Cruise America class C in 2007.
Welcome to the site from. SW Michigan. Your thread got a little side-tracked, but looks like a good place to check is the filler tube where there could be a twist in it causing a pinch point and slowing down the fuel delivery.

Hope you can find the cause, and if you do, let us know what it was so we can learn from it. Happy trails!!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:53 AM   #45

I checked the entire length of the filler neck. The gas cap is on the back of tee MH and on the driver's side. Looking underneath it starts out as steel and goes down at an angle and turns and transitions to a short rubber hose then to a solid steel pipe for about 8 feet along and parallel and slightly above the frame and turns over the frame then changes back to rubber to connect to the tank, . No kinks or twists in either hose. I think it is a poor design. I think the run is too long. I thought about moving the cap/filler port to the left/driver's side. That would shorten the distance to the tank and give more slope. Plus the transition from rubber to steel (the steel pipe having a smaller diameter than the rubber) creates a restriction.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:16 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgissteele View Post
Welcome to the site from. SW Michigan. Your thread got a little side-tracked, but looks like a good place to check is the filler tube where there could be a twist in it causing a pinch point and slowing down the fuel delivery.

Hope you can find the cause, and if you do, let us know what it was so we can learn from it. Happy trails!!
Wow! Haven't seen a "zombie" thread this old in a LONG time!

The OP's opener is over 10 years old!

The last post before yours is almost 5 years old!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:57 AM   #47

I was surprised by the response to my old post.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #48

Old but what I was looking for

Okay, even though my search was for vent fan replacement, this thread came up and I was fascinated. Zombie for sure and evidently the problem has never been corrected because my Greyhawk has the same problem! Been wanting to get under and check it out now I will do so.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #49

I think it is a design problem because I got under and checked it out and nothing was kinked or twisted. I am thinking of relocating the filler location from the back to the driver's side which would make it shorter. Use a piece of marine hose for the run with no joints between filler port and fuel tank