Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #11

They are covering there a$$ with everything they print on paper, that says "don't". We travel with 2 gallons to start on a long trip. I am sure we have traveled hundreds of miles with near full black tank as well. It is not the best practice due to weight, but the tank should be supported well enough to hold it while travelling.

TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:46 PM   #12

Has anyone tried one of these? P3 P0550 Save A Drop Water Meter We do a lot of weekend trips and don't like filling our tanks before we go. Would like to be able to only fill what we need, but it takes a good 15 minutes for our tanks to actually register what we put in, and I don't like that since here in CA they frown upon RV filling at campsites, so we need to be sneaky quick about it 10 gallons and done!

pervinpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervinpatty View Post
Has anyone tried one of these? P3 P0550 Save A Drop Water Meter We do a lot of weekend trips and don't like filling our tanks before we go. Would like to be able to only fill what we need, but it takes a good 15 minutes for our tanks to actually register what we put in, and I don't like that since here in CA they frown upon RV filling at campsites, so we need to be sneaky quick about it 10 gallons and done!
Did you try the Sav a drop meter? I like the idea too.
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #14

Thumbs up save a drop meter

we use it all the time it works great! So much easier than trying to time a fill, perfect for weekend getaways
pervinpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #15

Bottom Line..... Full Tanks = poor MPG / Empty tanks (with just enough fresh water to flush toilet on the road) = better MPG.....

Just saying !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #16

poor mpg...I could care less

People ask me what is my MPG while I fuel my 29mv Greyhawk, I politely say I don't know, if I really cared I ought not own this fun machine....
Seriously I read all this blah blah blah bout 5speed vs. 6speed, and full tanks vs. low or empty tanks etc.
I never know where my next boondock is when I travel, so my grey and black are empty if possible and I carry a full load of freshwater + about 15 gallons in storage bays...
Why sweat the small stuff, just enjoy your rig, btw, I cruise at 60 mph always, that does make a real difference in my mileage.
StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #17

This might be a dumb way of looking at the subject why have a 40 gallon water tank if you are only going to fill 15? If you travel in the winter a full tank will not freeze as quickly as an almost empty tank. I know many who leave the frozen north empty but I am thankful I did not because we got stranded in the mountains with no water available to us. I always travel with at least 2/3 of a tank.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #18

We have the Seneca Freightliner M2 chassis and the tanks are in a different location, but even on the GreyHawk Ford frames, you are dealing with a truck frame and running gear. Full water tanks, both potable and waste are really minimal weight for these units, compared to weights in a trailer, that many times hang them below the frames.
I'd suggest get on a nice paved campsite, get a roller dolly and get under your unit and look around. You'll become more confident about what your unit can do.

All our needs and experiences are different.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
We have the Seneca Freightliner M2 chassis and the tanks are in a different location, but even on the GreyHawk Ford frames, you are dealing with a truck frame and running gear. Full water tanks, both potable and waste are really minimal weight for these units, compared to weights in a trailer, that many times hang them below the frames.
I'd suggest get on a nice paved campsite, get a roller dolly and get under your unit and look around. You'll become more confident about what your unit can do.

All our needs and experiences are different.
I agree. It's amazing what people would learn if they would actually take a moment to inspect what they purchased and gain some basic understanding of how they are put together.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #20

Rustysocket, thanks for chiming in. Noticed the Arctic Fox 30U in your signature. That's what we had before the Seneca. That's a well built unit.

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote