Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Rustysocket, thanks for chiming in. Noticed the Arctic Fox 30U in your signature. That's what we had before the Seneca. That's a well built unit.
Yes, the AF 30U has been a great trailer for us. It is a solid, well built unit and also very heavy. Unfortunately we have outgrown the floorplan and so we have a 2017 355MBQS on order, which we are very excited to take delivery of in about eight weeks.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #22

The tanks are made for that load, and the tanks are well supported (unlike our Winnebago, which only had one small strap on the black tank... the snap broke... yuk).

We dump and flush them as often as we can, and keep a couple of inches of "slosh" water in them at all times.

The fresh water tank stays full at all times... rather have it and not need it, etc., etc.

The difference in mileage between running with a full tank and an empty tank is so small, as to be insignificant. Weight figures very little in mileage, the real hit to MPG comes from the RPM's needed to push that brick through the air. We drive by the RPM's (about 1,900 to 2,100) to get about 11.2 MPG.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #23

Pushing (or Pulling) a brick through the air, boy if that isn't a real statement. Imagine moving your anchored stick built house down the highway. Mileage is probably not a top thing to consider. We are very fortunate these things get any mileage.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #24

You will seldom see glowing comments on any forum. I usually look for things that people have repaired, issues found etc. I never go on a forum to lookup what great things people are saying. Those go mostly unheard. Had several different units over the years. Our 2016 redhawk has been issue free and a pleasure to drive. Their support has been superb, but that is just me. I am sure someone else can tell a horor story. Best of luck in the future. Choices are amazing.