Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #1

Furnace controls

Not sure if this is A Jayco or Carrier question so will start here.
My 2005, 26SS Greyhawk has a ceiling mounted carrier panel(not sure if that means the furnace is carrier) for furnace & A/C control. I have a carrier remote & a thermostat control mounted on wall. I can make the furnace & A/C work OK with the remote but nothing from the wall mount. The remote is very inaccurate for temperature, example: remote set to 63 and furnace doesn't shut down until almost 70 degrees from a separate thermometer. My question is, does the wall mount thermostat work if there is a remote. I have tried to turn off remote & turn up the wall mount and get nothing. How can I find information on this, find models, manuals, etc.
Thanks for any advice available.
Bucket2
Bucket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket2 View Post
How can I find information on this, find models, manuals, etc.
Thanks for any advice available.
Bucket2
Can you find and post some model numbers off everything? Open up anything that looks open-able and look for a model number?

Do the remote, the wall thermostat and the AC unit itself.

2005 (or 2004) is recent enough that we ought to be able to Google up some PDF manuals.

Maybe take and post some pictures too?

But like you gathered, without model numbers you may be waiting for someone with your motorhome to show up.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #3

furnace controls

Thanks for your response, I will find everything I can and get back to you tomorrow, including pics.
Mel
Old 05-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #4

Sorry I never got back to you sooner. I am not sure what to do with the pictures so I put them on my album I HOPE!
I pulled the covers off everything, furnace, wall thermostat, the remote and the cover off the ceiling. Not sure what else to get, but the wires are connected from the wall stat to somewhere Which should be to the furnace but I couldn't match any wires. I will have more time today so will look closer.
This doesn't add to the furnace story but I am in the middle of replacing the drawer slides with ball bearing steel slides. I really love my Jayco but I hope the newer ones have better craftsmanship behind the cabinet works. This only had 18K on the mileages but about half of the slides are broken.
Anyway thanks for your help.
Bucket2
Old 05-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #5

Sounds like someone changed out the a/c unit. I don't think JAYCO ever used Carrier they used COLEMAN in our 01 and 08 motorhomes. Also the furnace would not be a Carrier
Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #6

Thanks, You're right the furnace is Atwood, the Wall thermostat is Honeywell and the AC must be carrier as the face panel and control are carrier, so I assume I need to contact carrier to see if a newer remote would be more accurate, as the wall thermostat doesn't do anything. I will try that.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #7

I have a 2005 greyHawk 27DS with the exact set up as what you have.
I wanted to just hook the thermostat in the bedroom up to the furnace. The wires from it goes who knows where?? I contacted www.motorizedservice@jayco.com and they sent me all the diagrams for my coach. As near as i can tell from them, is the red and white wires from the furnace control goes up to a relay in the Carrier A/C unit to turn on the furnace from the remote. I think the thermostat in the bedroom goes to the ceiling fan???
If you find out anything different, I would like to Know.
guzz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #8

I will Thanks for the note..It may be a week or so before I get back to it
Bucket2
Old 05-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #9

After the last time we spoke I have acquired numbers & photos from the Air V carrier A/C, which i surmise is the model, the furnace (Atwood) 8531-IV-DCLP S/N 2096880 the Honeywell wall thermostat and the remote which is also Carrier.
I have photos of all of these, but not sure how to post them.
I don't want to bother you too much, but have tried carrier website and didn't get anywhere for a manual. Can you help me locate something that will tell me how it operates?
I don't suppose the brand of furnace makes a bit of difference, Its the controls that has me baffled. Someone suggested that the wall thermostat might control but I think the wires must go the the furnace and the A/C as well and should operate independent from the remote.
I appreciate any ideas, and don't go to too much trouble..Thanks Mel
Old 05-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #10

I don't think the thermostat goes to the fan and I would think the wall thermostat would control both furnace & A/C with the remote turned to off, wouldn't you think
Mel
Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #11

I have a 2006 Jayco Greyhawk that took some time for me to figure out. Mine has a remote in a wall mount in the bedroom that controls the HVAC/Furnace on the ceiling in the kitchen area. The remote has to be within 5 feet of the unit to make any changes to the system. In other words, I have to hand walk the remote from the bedroom to the kitchen area as it won't work from the bedroom.
The thermostat in the bedroom has nothing to do with the HVAC/Furnace unit. The thermostat in mine is tied to the ceiling fan in the bedroom. Hope that this helps.
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #12

Hi, guzz sorry I never answered sooner. You were right about the thermostat. All it runs is the ceiling fan, what a waste, but unlike you my remote is mounted close to the ceiling panel because by design I don't have a bedroom so i'm am fine except it seems so inaccurate.
Thanks for your help..Mel