Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Cj2

Furnace issues

I just bought a 2005 granite ridge 31ss and the furnace isn’t working. When I turn the thermostat up the fan don’t even kick on. Gas is full. Stove and hot water tank work just fine. It’s not infighting nor is the fan kicking on. I checked the fuse that is in the fuse panel on the side of bed. It is ok. Is there something that I’m not doing? I took the panel off on the outside and found a switch on the Moyer that says off/reset. It was on the off mode when I checked it so I thought I was in luck but I had the same results when I switched it to the reset side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Cj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Best to pull out volt meter check voltages,
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
Cj2

Blower working

The blower is working as it is tied into the remote but it will not ignite I can hear it trying to and can smell gas. It try’s to ignite three separate times before it kicks out and the light blinks 3 times. I have reset it several times but still can’t get it to ignite
Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #4

You need to determine what make and model it is, then you can locate a manual online and look up troubleshooting to see what the 3 blinks mean.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #5

Have you inspected the burner area? Wasp nests, dirt, corrosion, etc. on the burner nozzle can cause the problem. Use a little computer air blast on the pilot tip if you have one.

Try using a gas match while some else tries to light it. You may not be getting a good spark in the correct place. Also, first time you light it after LP was shut down for a while may take a lot longer to clear air out of the lines.

If the gas match flame shows gas coming out but doesn't light it then you have air in the lines and need to keep trying. My house space heater takes up to a minute to light each fall.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #6
Cj2

Ignite

Thanks for the replies. The 3 flashes indicates ignition lockout fault. Everything look clean I don’t see any type of nest in there.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #7

Here is an answer to that problem from a RV Tech listed online, it may help.

This code pretty much means that the contol board or electronics is not sensing or detecting the flame. It could be the control board or possibly the electrode or high tension wire. IF you can hear it trying to ignite (clicking) I would go cycle your main LP tank valve, close it very slowly and then open it slowly. Sometimes that can be the issue and the regulator can be locked up, you could have some LP flow but you want to rule that out, most likely if the other LP appliances are working then the furnance should which leads us to the control board and elctrode. I would find the control board check the contacts on the plug, look for any loose or corroded wires. IF you still have the same issue I would have that control board tested. most shops will charge a small fee and others will do it for no charge, these boards do fail. Next would be the electrode and many times it requires the furnance to be pulled so that it can be inspected, something like that I would let a shop handle, many times special gaskets are needed when everthing is put back together. A shop will charge about a hour to diagnose and another hour if the furnance has to be removed.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #8

I just had to go through this with my refrigerator. Long story short, I removed the LP supply line, blew it out and also removed the ignition assembly, burner etc and cleaned/wooden brushed it all clean. The openings are so small you will never see the spiders nest in there that is causing the blockage. Once back together, it started right up.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #9
Cj2

Ignition

Do you have to remove the whole furnace to get to the ignition?
Old 10-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
No matter how careful they are with manufacturing there can be debris or excessive pipe dope in the gas supply lines during assembly. The only way to find that out is during the PDI or when it is home and not working. It doesn't take much to plug the small orifice hole. Most gas valves will have a screen in the supply line.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote