Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

Furrion TV

I have a 2017 GreyHawk with a Furrion TV. I replaced it with another brand. There are 5 wires that cone from the motor home to connect it. I want to know what to plug the yellow RCA Jack to, and what does it do? The same for the red and white plugs. I installed the TV and did not connect these wires and all works as it did before with the Furrion, with them connected. What do they do and why do I need to connect them? Anyone ??
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #2

Yellow = Video, goes to video in on back of TV - yellow input jack
Red = right channel sound, goes to audio in on tv - red input jack
White = left channel sound, goes to audio in on tv - white input jack
They're probably from your DVD player or if all works without them them you probably hooked up the HDMI cable from DVD player which superceeds the RCA jacks. I'd hook them up anyway, you don't want loose wires hanging around.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #3

what Dr. Wisconsin said...

IIRC, there's not a yellow input jack on our TV, the yellow plug goes into an orange (I think?) RCA jack on the TV. It's a dual input jack. Anyway - you'll figure it out as there aren't that many jacks on newer TVs.

In our 2016 Greyhawk, those video lines are coming from the In dash, Jensen head unit DVD player. The Jensen video and audio lines actually go into a small distribution unit, behind our TV, first. You can route that video to both TVs in our unit.

But, it's a standard DVD player, won't play if the coach is moving, the audio is terrible -- so I never use the in-dash DVD player. $50 buys a better Blu-ray DVD player, so that's what we use.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #4

In the 2017 GreyHawk the Jensen is standard. Not super good and not too bad, but it works and not worth spending the money for a better unit. I don’t like listening to music much while driving, and use navigation when needed.

I did hook up the new TV per help on the blog, and all is well. I don’t use a DVD player and none is installed. If I do install one, I’ll use an HDMI cord, anyway. Thank you for your reply. All is well !!
Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
what Dr. Wisconsin said...

IIRC, there's not a yellow input jack on our TV, the yellow plug goes into an orange (I think?) RCA jack on the TV. It's a dual input jack. Anyway - you'll figure it out as there aren't that many jacks on newer TVs.

In our 2016 Greyhawk, those video lines are coming from the In dash, Jensen head unit DVD player. The Jensen video and audio lines actually go into a small distribution unit, behind our TV, first. You can route that video to both TVs in our unit.

But, it's a standard DVD player, won't play if the coach is moving, the audio is terrible -- so I never use the in-dash DVD player. $50 buys a better Blu-ray DVD player, so that's what we use.

How can I get the TV sound to come through the coach speakers? The Visio TV speakers are not loud enough to hear well enough over the A/C noise. I also have the Jensen head unit in my GreyHawk.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
How can I get the TV sound to come through the coach speakers? The Visio TV speakers are not loud enough to hear well enough over the A/C noise. I also have the Jensen head unit in my GreyHawk.
I don't recall - but you've got to futz with Zone 2 on the head unit, I think.

It was like that when we picked the unit up, but I didn't want that so I figured out how to turn them off.

Lot's of people just buy an inexpensive $50 Sound bar.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Have you tried connecting the yellow, red and white wires to TV and the other end to back of Jensen unit? I know that is what I had to do to get the tv sound through my trailer speakers in my Whitehawk that I previously owned.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:19 AM   #8

Quote:

It was like that when we picked the unit up, but I didn't want that so I figured out how to turn them off.

I have been thinking about the sound bar, and I think, in the long run, it will be the way to go. Although, first, I need to get into the workings of the Jensen and see if I can figure out a way to utilize its functions to determine if it will work that way. There must be a way because the red, white and yellow RCA plugs that connect to the TV have to go to jacks somewhere in the sound system, or why would they be there at all. They must connect to the Jensen unit, and if so, there has to be a setting on the Jensen to make the sound come through the speakers. Just sayin” !!
Old 06-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #9

Furrion won’t work on cable

We recently purchased a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and when we hooked up to cable at our first campground it wouldn’t work. Is this typical with the Furrion brand TV’s? I contacted the company and they told me that we must have a coaxial problem. I don’t believe that for a minute. The campground said it was our televisions. Can anyone share their experience with this brand or should we just replace both of them and write it off? Thanks, Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdog00 View Post
Have you tried connecting the yellow, red and white wires to TV and the other end to back of Jensen unit? I know that is what I had to do to get the tv sound through my trailer speakers in my Whitehawk that I previously owned.

They must already be connected to it, or why would they be there in the first place. They come out of a compartment with tons of wires within a bunch and have to be connected on the other end somehow. The compartment is over the door, is small, and hard to get into because it has a 110v electrical box and the TV antenna electrics attached to one panel, and the panel is very hard to get out because of the shortness and stiffness of all of the wires and cables. I need to mess with the Jensen controls and through it, determine how to make the sound come through the MH speakers. I’m sure it can be done.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
We recently purchased a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and when we hooked up to cable at our first campground it wouldn’t work. Is this typical with the Furrion brand TV’s? I contacted the company and they told me that we must have a coaxial problem. I don’t believe that for a minute. The campground said it was our televisions. Can anyone share their experience with this brand or should we just replace both of them and write it off? Thanks, Jimmyd

I’ve never had that problem. Where are you connecting the cable in the MH? I assume you are connecting on the outside in one of the lower compartments. If not, then that is what you need to do.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #12

I connected to the outside connector in the 30 amp Cabinet. It has the connection point in there. We are headed to another campground with cable the middle of July and I will test it there again. Thanks, Jimmyd
Old 06-30-2018, 07:51 AM   #13

Quote:
I connected to the outside connector in the 30 amp Cabinet. It has the connection point in there. We are headed to another campground with cable the middle of July and I will test it there again. Thanks, Jimmyd

Try going into the setup of the TV and, if you have not already done so, select cable input. It gives you the choice of antenna and cable, maybe another, but you want cable.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #14

My wife is the TV expert and she said she selected the cable, it ran the setup, found stations but it didn’t show an pictures. It does work over the air so we know the TVs are working. Maybe it was just that particular RV Park.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #15

Quote:
My wife is the TV expert and she said she selected the cable, it ran the setup, found stations but it didn’t show an pictures. It does work over the air so we know the TVs are working. Maybe it was just that particular RV Park.

Maybe so. You will know the next time in a different park. Good luck !!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:

I switched the two wires, red and white to two other RCA jacks on the TV back and got into the Source button on the Jensen head unit and selected AV 2 and got it working just fine. Now all I have to do is turn on the TV, turn on the Jensen with the remote, select AV2 and adjust the volume with the Jensen remote. The TV remote is for turning on/off the TV and for changing channels, as well. Thanks to all for the help. It works well now !!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Maybe so. You will know the next time in a different park. Good luck !!
Thanks gprapim. We will check it out. She can’t be without her TV!!!!