Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2022, 09:54 AM   #1

Fuse location

Hello Group. We own a 2018 25R Class-C Jayco motor home. This morning before leaving for our Holiday week of camping, I did my usual walk around the unit checking lights, tire pressure, fluid levels and operational features only to find my leveling and backup camera were not working. I called my neighbor that also owns an older Jayco. He said that it is a blown fuse that operates both pieces of equipment. He mentioned that the fuse holder might be under the camper by the leveling pump or under the steering wheel. Does anyone know exactly where it is and what should I be looking for to change this fuse? What should be the correct replacement fuse size? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
donintennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:40 AM   #2
CAG

This is a Redhawk? Knowing that will help get a better answer.

Likely, if it is and is a Ford someone can help but in the mean time check the owner's manual for the vehicle to find those fuses.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donintennessee View Post
Hello Group. We own a 2018 25R Class-C Jayco motor home. This morning before leaving for our Holiday week of camping, I did my usual walk around the unit checking lights, tire pressure, fluid levels and operational features only to find my leveling and backup camera were not working. I called my neighbor that also owns an older Jayco. He said that it is a blown fuse that operates both pieces of equipment. He mentioned that the fuse holder might be under the camper by the leveling pump or under the steering wheel. Does anyone know exactly where it is and what should I be looking for to change this fuse? What should be the correct replacement fuse size? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
There was a thread about this recently that helped me out. It was a 7.5amp in-line fuse behind the panel under the steering column. It was a pain to get to but it was the culprit to electric mirrors and camera not working. I do not have a leveller system but I suspect it would've also been out if I did.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donintennessee View Post
I have the same unit. I had the same problem. 7.5 amp fuse blowing. I would loose the power mirrors, b/u camera, and the leveling jacks would not work.
Upon investigation I found the wire harness for that fuse runs to the isolation solenoid under the hood. The harness was not secured and rubbing against the steering column shaft shorting out the orange wire. This could have been so much worse as there is a battery cable in that harness as well.
Remote camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:14 PM   #5

Jayco 25rb battery fuse size

I want to find out what size is my battery fuse. I have a 2021 jayco feather 25rb. The fuse next to the battery outside on the frame
Carl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 07:42 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl5 View Post
I want to find out what size is my battery fuse. I have a 2021 jayco feather 25rb. The fuse next to the battery outside on the frame
It should be a 30 amp blade fuse if you're referring to the inline fuse holder. you can open the top of the holder and verify that. It'll be stamped on top of the fuse itself.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:46 AM   #7

Spare fuses

Looking to get some spare fuses for my jayco 25rb 2012. 15 and 30 amps. What brand or type of fuses do I need. Thanks
Carl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:38 AM   #8
Site Team

They will be ATC type blade fuses like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-A.../dp/B00FX9AVN4

The same style for the 30 amp. Those are a green color.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote