Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #1

Fusion Radio

Friends,

I have a 2018 Melbourne with the Garmin / Fusion navigation and radio. I replaced the right side speakers yesterday and fired it up to make sure they worked before I buttoned everything up and did the passenger side. When I turned on the radio, the music app will not start. The remote screen thing will not connect with the dock, and I am dead in the water. I connected the hub to Garmin Express, and it could not find the hub. I would like to get it sorted out because we have a trip on Wednesday. Other than ripping the whole thing out, does anyone know what I can do to get my sound back?

Another note of concern, in the network settings, I do not see the RVBT600-xxxxx network that used to be there.

I really cannot think how disconnecting speakers could so throughly mess up the head unit. WHat am I missing?
NevadaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #2

Your experience with the Garmin Fusion sounds like some of the things that I was through. (2018 Melbourne 24k) Dealer did a software update, the thing had a mind of it's own, still was aggravating just to adjust sound, etc. Best thing I've done to it was to totally replace the whole thing with an updated unit that you can actually use, normally. As an added benefit, a real underseat 600 watt amp and powered subwoofer made it to where we can listen to apple carplay as we head down the road, drowning out road noise from the coach. That Garmin was pathetic.
bakobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #3

Yeah, that is about where I am at right now. Have my eye on a couple android car play untis. All we do is connect our phone and use google maps and music or podcasts from the phone anyway. Thank you.
NevadaJon is offline   Reply With Quote