Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2019, 07:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Here is the wiring from jayco. not sure if this helps but at least you can see how they wired it
Thanks !! It helps as it shows all the outputs/inputs on the rear of the radio, the back of the radio does not indicate. I want to add another zone to the system.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazman View Post
@Balibe
The Garmin support told me because there is only one internal amp (a 4 channel amp) that all four speakers will adjust together...they can't adjust per pair, that would require a second amp. Within the software, I don't have the zones "linked" together. I dorked around with this for hours and can't get them to adjust independently, neither could the dealer, and Garmin support information seems to agree with the inability to adjust independently. However, if you aren't using the RCA Jack's (line level outputs) and you can adjust them independently, perhaps you have a slightly different model number...what is your model number?
Also,my dealer gave me the same wiring diagram plus a few more including how Jayco routed the wires through the coach. If you are interested PM me and I can send them to you.
I actually have class A 2018 Alante 26x (came off the line Feb 2018). All indications it is the RV-BBT601. I have some doghouse vibration I need to fix in a few weeks when weather breaks. I will have the radio out and verify the model, connections and if there is an amplifier. I don't believe there is an amplifier. If there is one, the sound quality should be better than I have. I was planning on upgrading the speakers this spring to improve sound quality as they are probably a base model speaker.

I was going over the wiring diagram RVermont provided. In the Seneca with the 4-channel amplifier they are not using the RCA Zones 1/2/3/4 outputs, they are using the #15 ISO10487 Vehicle Harness to send the audio signal to the amplifier. These are the hard wire connections for zone #1 & #2 after the built in amplifier.

What is confusing is the an amplifier only boosts the audio signal from the source. The volume level is controlled by the source. If the Seneca is wired per the drawing, it is using not using the RCA outputs yet they can also adjust the zones independently as I can.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #23

Garmin installation manual if you want to look at it to get further information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Installation Manual RV-BBT601.pdf (491.5 KB, 47 views)
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Garmin installation manual if you want to look at it to get further information.
The installation manual you posted is for the Fusion RV-IN801. According to their website it is an OEM only product. Garmin has a partnership with Airstream since 2017 to install these in their Class B RV's, they are still installing them in the 2019 models.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
The installation manual you posted is for the Fusion RV-IN801. According to their website it is an OEM only product. Garmin has a partnership with Airstream since 2017 to install these in their Class B RV's, they are still installing them in the 2019 models.
They certainly look like the same document with minor differences in name and revision numbers on the document. So I have to assume the units are the same. Just changed the model numbers for different end users. This came from Garmin with the manual code identified as the 601 unit and when I had the unit out the rear looks identical to drawing.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #26

@Imazman

Weather was nice today, I was able to verify the model number and apply the hub/remote updates to v3.4 & the map updates released over the winter. My model is RV-BBT600 according to the About information. Not sure what the Hardware Version means, but mine is V4. It will be a couple weeks before I can verify the connections on the back and if there is an amplifier.

I did some research, appears Garmin/Fusion only has two RV based infotainment systems that they list on www.fusionentertainment.com. One is the RV-BBT600 Series and the other is the RV-IN801. The RV-IN801 is only available to OEM manufactures. The RV-BBT600 Series comes in three models. The only difference is the regions they are available. The RV-BBT601 is for North America, the RV-BBT602 is for Europe and the RV-BBT603 is for Australia.

I would love to see the wiring diagrams your dealer provided, my email is in my profile.

Will let ya know more once I get into the dash/doghouse ……

Attached Thumbnails
fusion_infotainment.jpg  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:09 AM   #27

There are 12 pages. I took 12 pics with my phone...I will email them to you but it will have to be in a several emails. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Imazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #28

This has been very helpful. Thanks to all.

I was away last summer, in August, and my BBT001 flipped out and was virtually useless. I couldn't find answers to any of my questions, and was making plans to tear it out. I still don't know for sure how the dock is updated, but with the conversation here, I am regaining confidence that I may be able to overcome the Fusion's faults. I checked on my Melbourne today, and discovered that both my dock and my remote need updating. I also discovered that since only the speakers on the right are working, I may still have some wiring to check.
phillydrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydrj View Post
I was away last summer, in August, and my BBT001 flipped out and was virtually useless. I couldn't find answers to any of my questions, and was making plans to tear it out. I still don't know for sure how the dock is updated, but with the conversation here, I am regaining confidence that I may be able to overcome the Fusion's faults. I checked on my Melbourne today, and discovered that both my dock and my remote need updating. I also discovered that since only the speakers on the right are working, I may still have some wiring to check.

Probably the best thing that can be done with these units as I was told by Garmin it to do a factory reset on them. They get played with at the dealership and things can get messed up by people. I had some quirks with mine when I got it march of 2018 and I was determined to figure it out and everything has been working good since starting over with a reset.

After doing a factory reset which is in the menu selection on the unit, then you want to do the updates and keep up on them. I am on 3.30 and when checking discovered there is 3.40 out now for both the dock and tablet. You have to download and install Garmin Express on your computer and then its as simple as plugging the unit to the computer. Here are all the instructions you should need to get going.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...B91253BCA.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #30

Quote:
There are 12 pages. I took 12 pics with my phone...I will email them to you but it will have to be in a several emails. Let me know if it doesn't work.
The manufacture drawings were interesting to decipher. I create/design drawings for automation of controls for HVAC system in commercial buildings , but still trying for figure these out. It looks like the numbers in the circle are connections points at the device location. Not 100% sure what the numbers mean next to the harness's yet. I believe they pertain to the RV systems (IE: 10 is audio and 5 is 12v power)

If the drawing #0.092.125 you sent me (lower right D.N. #) attached is correct for your Melbourne you should have an amplifier. It was blurry and could not make out all the text. I marked it up the best I could based on the Melbourne drawing RVermont posted.

I took the Seneca drawing RVermont provided and marked it up (attached) as it was clear and was able to print on 8.5 x 17 paper before scanning. The markup should give an understanding of the speaker wiring between the radio location, then to the amplifier location and then to the speaker location. You can apply this your drawing #0.092.125 the dealer provided you.

Hope this helps ……
Attached Files
File Type: pdf melbourne.pdf (1.47 MB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf seneca.pdf (1.79 MB, 33 views)
Old 03-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #31

Here is a better pic of 0.92.125.

Yes, thanks. I will take a close look at it today. Ok I put a link in this post but it didn't show up. So just go to my drive where the other pics were and look for the new one if you want...it is a clear pic.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:28 AM   #32

I think I found what might be an amplifier under the passenger seat. I took a pic but don't know how to post pics on here from Google drive.
It says Jayco part number 2782790 - 4102. It also has a JBL sticker with the same number up to the hyphen on it JBL is the same manufacturer as my speakers.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #33

Sounds like you found the amplifier. As far as I know JBL does not make passenger seat butt warmers ……

I could not access the drawings, appears to be a google issue.

I am wondering if your front & rear speakers are only wired to the front channel on the amplifier, which would be zone #1.

You sent me drawing number 0.079.745. Not sure if it pertains to your Melbourne by the title, but this drawing only shows wiring for the front speakers, nothing is shown for rear speakers or zone #2. It is a drawing dated 2016, so may be from the previous year.

From what I see, the plug connections are the same as the Seneca (probably the same amplifier). Connector A (12 pin) is the wiring to the speakers. If I read the drawing correctly as load view (which should be the leaving wires as line is typically the input), the Pin #1 will be the upper right and pin 12 the lower left looking at it while it is plugged in with the thumb tab on the top. The front speakers will be on Pins 3/4 & 9/10. The rear speakers will be on Pins 1/2 & 7/8

The Hi-Level inputs from the radio are on Connector B (22 pins). As above, Pin #1 is upper right and Pin #22 lower left with the thumb tab on the top. Pins 3/4 & 14/15 will be the front speakers. Pins 5/6 & 16/17 will be the rear speakers.

You can also check the wire colors to your drawing. If it states just GRY or PPL it is a gray or purple wire. If it states GRY/BLK or PPL/BLK it is a gray or purple wire with a black stripe.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:19 AM   #34

@Balibe
I can't thank you enough for this information. I am extremely upset with the complete incompetence of so many employees in the U.S. I am going to call the dealership that supposedly worked on this, as well as the Garmin support person that fed me, and possibly the dealer, a load of bull. The dealer also charged me over $50 to fix a squeaky door which they "fixed" by oiling it only to have it start squeaking again 20 minutes into my drive home. We will see what they have to say today...I might be digging into this myself.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:23 AM   #35

Perhaps someone with a Jayco Melbourne can look in the little door on the passenger seat base and see if they have what looks like a metal box with a bunch of wires and post a pic of it on here. Below I pasted in a link to my pic but I don't think the link will work for anyone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CYc...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 03-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Perhaps someone with a Jayco Melbourne can look in the little door on the passenger seat base and see if they have what looks like a metal box with a bunch of wires and post a pic of it on here. Below I pasted in a link to my pic but I don't think the link will work for anyone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CYcW1s6ewFIZovl_0zCUq1Fe9NONU68O/view?usp=drivesdk
Attached is the pic Imazman linked to ……

From my research it is the amplifier. The part number yields no information as it is an OEM part from JBL/Harmon just for Jayco. Appears JBL/Harmon also makes OEM amplifiers for cars like a Toyota & Subaru, I found similar OEM ones for cars on eBay …… One thing different from aftermarket amplifiers is they do not have the RCA connections like you have on ones from Crutchfield, etc ……
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190312_080432728.jpg  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #37

Quote:
@Balibe
I can't thank you enough for this information. I am extremely upset with the complete incompetence of so many employees in the U.S. I am going to call the dealership that supposedly worked on this, as well as the Garmin support person that fed me, and possibly the dealer, a load of bulls@#!. The dealer also charged me over $50 to fix a squeaky door which they "fixed" by oiling it only to have it start squeaking again 20 minutes into my drive home. We will see what they have to say today...I might be digging into this myself.
I would be fair with Garmin as technical support has no idea what Jayco is doing with their system. It does state in their manual that "Zones 1 and 2 are powered by the on-board amplifier. To use the RCA line outputs and the RCA subwoofer outputs, you must connect external amplifiers" You know technical support these days, most is outsourced or they are just reading from the same documentation we can get on the internet ……

Fusion Entertainment has been very popular in the boating industry for years before Garmin acquired them. I have a friend with a Fusion Entertainment system before the merger on his 62' boat. He loves it, it controls the entire audio system from multiple locations for the upper deck, lower main deck, interior area and sleeping area using all four zones. His system is about 6 years old and he still gets support updates from Fusion.

Not sure the technical number you called. You may need to be talking to the Fusion division (1-623-580-9000) as they design the audio portion of the system, Garmin does the GPS portion. Their support divisions may be separate. Garmin incorporated the GPS system like the RV 770 LMT-S (which a lot have & like on this forum) into the Fusion Entertainment system to create an all-in-one product that Fusion Entertainment lists as Lifestyle Entertainment instead of Marine Entertainment.

RV Infotainment is a new area for companies with the popularity of RV's. Garmin/Fusion has released the RV-IN801, then the RV-BBT600 series. I actually found reference to a new Garmin/Fusion system called the RV-IN1501. Which is an in dash rv infotainment system with a 15" display versus the 8" display on the RV-IN801. It does not have the removable display/remote we have.

Kenwood has also jumped into the rv market, they do not have a gps division so are using the same Garmin gps as the system we have system. Their earlier model was the DNX571TR and announced the DNX775RVS the 4th quarter of 2018. Both are geared towards truckers & RV's. With the same gps based on the RV 770, it allows vehicle height, length, etc. Not sure about the earlier version but the DNX775RVS appears to have the same navigation screens as our system. Not sure if you can search RV Parks like we can. What I thought was nice is it can also display TPMS information.

Sorry if I rambled on to much, blame it on the beer ……
Old 03-14-2019, 05:39 AM   #38

Thanks for posting the pic for me. I Googled the model number too but found nothing. At the time of the writing of my post I was a little upset at the situation, but have since relaxed a bit. FWIW, the Garmin support told me Jayco doesn't install them, Jayco contracts install out to Garmin....who really knows who knows the truth! I don't know who to believe anymore.
I called the dealer back and, nicely, told them I found the amplifier and I want the radio fixed...and the crazy noisy door that my $55 never fixed. Unfortunately, they can't get me back in until April 30th.
So in the mean time, I am hoping to find time to rip the seat out and the dash and connect this up myself.
The one part I don't quite understand is how others are working with multiple zones, do they break wires out of the wire harness to put on RCA jacks? I will try to find time today to call Garmin today.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #39

Appears you are not the only one with a Melbourne having zone issues, there is a post a few days ago …… while this poster has other issues, he does note the same zoning issue as you, but says it is a topic for another day ……

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f53/fusion-bbt-600-radio-60142-2.html#post735183

------------------------------------------------------------

I understand your frustration with the dealer. I don't trust my dealer to fix anything and would rather do it myself so I know it is done right. I worked with them to diagnose my backup camera, the tech was ready to condemn the interface module and rear camera. I said lets remove the camera and install it directly to the interface module. It worked, so the issue is in the wiring between the interface module and the camera. Which is in the main harness between the front and rear of the rv. They have still not come up with a resolution. Due to my lack of confidence in the them, I am not about to let them tear open the ceiling to fix this. I am close to calling Jayco directly and driving there to have them fix this with some other issues.

------------------------------------------------------------

If Garmin is installing the stereos, I doubt they are installing the JBL/Harmon amplifier. This is probably done on the assembly line.

I think your issue is at the amplifier location and not the stereo. Should not need to remove the seat, the access opening even though tight may be enough room (a telescoping inspection mirror & flashlight will help see the connections to the harness). Should not need to remove the amplifier, think the issue is at connection point #5 of the harness (explained more below).

There are no RCA connections on the amplifier, only white plugs for the connections. To help understand the harness drawing (see attached pdf). The installer on the line grabs a pre-made wiring harness and the amp. The wiring harness has all the wires shown on the harness diagram with 6 connections points coming out of the harness.

Connection #3 # #4 are power for the amp. To note for future, there is a fuse under the seat before connection #3 which is on the wire coming out of the harness for the amplifier. This is the fuse for the amplifier.

Connection #6 (9 pin) connects to another 9 Pin connector under the seat. These are the wires from the stereo (probably installed with the main rv wiring harness before they install the amp & harness).

Connection #2 plugs into the amp. The wires from connection #6 go into the harness and come out at connection #2. These are speaker output from the stereo to the amplifier along with the remote signal to tell the amplifier to turn on with the stereo.

Connection #1 also plugs in the amp. These are the outputs for the speakers into the harness, then to connection #5.

From your amplifier picture, I noted the connections #1 & #2 in the attached .jpg. Hard to see all wires but it looks like all are there.

Now to connection #5, where I would start looking at things. This connection point does not have a connector like the other 5, they are just 8 loose wires out of the harness.

The installer on the line needs to connect these with insulated butt splices (noted on harness drawing). Insulated butt connectors are wire crimp connectors made with a tool (see attached jpg). They will probably be red by the wire size noted of 18G (18 gauge wire), but may be blue. It you look at the harness drawing there are also no connector pin numbers for these connections like the other 5 connection points.

There should be 8 of these butt splices to connect the speaker output from the amplifier to the wires to the speakers. There should only be one wire on each side of the insulated butt connector.

If there are 8 insulated butt connectors at connection #5 under the seat, then work backwards. Verify 12 wires at connection #1 connector to the amplifier. Then verify 9 wires at connection #2 connector to the amplifier. These appear to be easily visible from your picture, you can unplug these from the amplifier if needed. The thumb tab to unplug these are on the top. Next check the male/female connections at connection #6, there should be 9 wires in & out. Cannot see this connection in the picture.

If all this checks out per the wiring diagram at the amp, then I would look at the stereo connections & wiring harness. Basically this is working backwards and checking wires & connections, assuming the wiring to the speakers are correct.

Attached Thumbnails
amp_picture.jpg   insulated_butt_connector.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf amp_harmess.pdf (696.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #40

Ok, I looked at the amplifier and pulled out each of the wire connectors (telling me the connector thumb tab was at the top of the connect was very valuable info, thanks Balibe) from the amplifier and took pictures so I can make sure the wires are correctly placed in the harness (see link below). There are no barrel splices under the seat. The connectors in the amp get wire-tied together (along with another) and leave the underside all together toward the center of the vehicle (see pic ending in 4174)...I am guessing one will be going to the radio and the other to the speakers as you (Balibe) indicated. There are no splices under the seat. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to try to follow these wires. Perhaps I will be able to test with a continuity tester and make sure wires are as expected.