Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #1

Garmin cameras and sound

I have been digging into the backup sound and disarming the side cameras and thought I would post some information that might be useful to others. There are several good posts by others on this forum related to this topic and can be found with a search.

The cameras operate through a three camera switch that receives triggers from the reverse, right and left signals. You can look this switch up RVCAMS.com. It is listed as a CSW3014.

The rear view camera used has a video and audio channel, this is broken out in the switch and the switch provides two RCA cable outputs, one of which is a white cable connected to the Aux audio input position 5 on the hub dock. The other RCA cable is a yellow cable and is connected to the video input position 6.

The trigger wires determine which camera is displayed and when. To install a switch you could install a three position switch, auto/off/manual so you use the cameras as set up, you could force them off all the time or you could select a camera to use. While you could simply cut the trigger wire, this might not be a good option you might be creating a pain for a future owner to figure out why they are not working.

Hopefully some others that have done this can provide switch information and other useful information on this unit.
Attached Thumbnails
back up camera layout diagram.JPG  
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #2

Thanks Paul.

So it's one of the three trigger wires that tells the switch which video output to display (rear, left turn, right turn). Seems a switch that could isolate the two turn signal triggers would be the way to go. I would just mount it under the dash because I would have my turn signal triggers disabled 99% of the time. Wonder if one switch can disable/enable both triggers? I know Rob has done this but I haven't been able to find any details (don't know if he has posted details). Definitely curious how he accomplished this.

Now that I have some miles under my belt, the turn signal triggers are definitely annoying. Would like to tackle this before my Feb trip.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Thanks Paul.

So it's one of the three trigger wires that tells the switch which video output to display (rear, left turn, right turn). Seems a switch that could isolate the two turn signal triggers would be the way to go. I would just mount it under the dash because I would have my turn signal triggers disabled 99% of the time. Wonder if one switch can disable/enable both triggers? I know Rob has done this but I haven't been able to find any details (don't know if he has posted details). Definitely curious how he accomplished this.

Now that I have some miles under my belt, the turn signal triggers are definitely annoying. Would like to tackle this before my Feb trip.
I will find my prior post(s) and leave links!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I will find my prior post(s) and leave links!
Here is where I describe the side camera bypass I installed:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-39395-4.html

Here also attached is info on my backup camera and the camera switching module information sheet. This is what is in my 2014, no clue if it continues to be used.

I also included the info sheet on the audio switching module I added to enable rear sound. While my stereo has the functionality to switch to the camera sound when in reverse, the audio input that is selected by the dash unit happened to already be in use feeding the cabover TV audio into the system. So I needed to a way to switch off the TV audio feed and switch in the rear camera audio when I shifted into reverse. That is what the Niles switch does, triggered by shifting into reverse.

It works great in my Seneca, newer units may be configured differently since they have a different dash head unit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csw3007_owners_manual.pdf (187.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf vcms10b_owners_manual_07_25.pdf (101.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf AVS-2-Cutsheet.pdf (137.3 KB, 11 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 AM   #5

Not sure if the link is correct. The one on here is related to travel trailer from 09. Am I missing something and looking at it incorrectly?

Thanks for the posts, I have looked a lot of yours mods and they make for a good basis to modify the unit to get it to do what I want not what an engineer thinks I want.

I have snipped my wires and placed connectors on the ends so I can always reconnect and when if I find and install a switch I can simply plug the wires up. Works great and the rear camera stays on.

What a rats nest is in the panel. Lots of extra wires and wire lengths. On one hand it is a pain to figure out what is what and on the other the wires are so long you can pull out several feet to work on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Here is where I describe the side camera bypass I installed:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-39395-4.html

Here also attached is info on my backup camera and the camera switching module information sheet. This is what is in my 2014, no clue if it continues to be used.

I also included the info sheet on the audio switching module I added to enable rear sound. While my stereo has the functionality to switch to the camera sound when in reverse, the audio input that is selected by the dash unit happened to already be in use feeding the cabover TV audio into the system. So I needed to a way to switch off the TV audio feed and switch in the rear camera audio when I shifted into reverse. That is what the Niles switch does, triggered by shifting into reverse.

It works great in my Seneca, newer units may be configured differently since they have a different dash head unit.
Thanks Rob! I searched for this but could not find it. I thought about just searching on your username and stepping thru all your posts, but that would take the better part of a day Would like to disable the side cameras before my next trip but I still need to decide where to mount the new switch. I may just put it under the dash since I will rarely turn them on.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #7

Garmin cameras and sound

Rob
I stand corrected for some reason on my phone this came across completely different to what is on the desk top.

I looked on the full version online and Rob explained it pretty completely. Dave FYI it is dated 10/4/16. The switch Rob listed is freightliner part A06-30769-014

Again great work Rob sorry for making you list this twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #8

I have a 2016 HJ and found the switching of the cameras very anoying.
At Quartzite I saw the Tadi Brothers booth and purchased their video screen that allows me to see all three cameras, all of the time on a split screen mounted on the dash.
It was a pain to install with all of the spagetti behind the dash, but well worth it. Needed 3 video adapters for the ends of the factory cables, but they had all of the parts on hand.
Go to Tadibrothers backup monitor on line for all of the parts and details.
matthewphilippe is offline   Reply With Quote