Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Garmin CONfusion!

With our new 2018 Seneca we are still trying to figure out the Garmin Fusion and we think it needs to be updated, however we did not get any kind of USB cable with the unit. For those that have the Garmin Fusion did the USB cable come with your unit? I have a couple of Garmin gps units but the cables are all different. Also is there suppose to be some kind of external antenna for this unit?

Thanks
Bruce
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
With our new 2018 Seneca we are still trying to figure out the Garmin Fusion and we think it needs to be updated, however we did not get any kind of USB cable with the unit. For those that have the Garmin Fusion did the USB cable come with your unit? I have a couple of Garmin gps units but the cables are all different. Also is there suppose to be some kind of external antenna for this unit?

Thanks
Bruce
Mine did not come with any cables. The remote uses a standard usb -to- micro usb cable. The dock is updated with a usb flash drive.

The update process is done separately to the remote and dock with the free Garmin Express App from your computer.

The online manual is HERE. Navigate the contents to Device Maintenance, then Product Updates. There is a link for the Garmin Express download and separate instructions for updating the dock & remote.

Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #3

Here is a link to the process, its pretty simple and once you have Garmin Express on your computer you can easily check for updates. They unit is quirky but has gotten a lot better with every update and I am really liking it now.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...17B6A6C73.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #4

adding to the confusion

I have had my Garmin BBT600 for a year now and just starting using it. Just been working on how to figure it out. I just went in for my first RV inspection and the camera was not working when hooked up to HUB. If I disconnect it all systems work but of course not the camera or side cameras. They said they may have to remove the dash due to maybe something unplugged or disconnected. Is there anything I can try to make it work again. Does it need to be updated?
RVHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #5

If the remote does not connect automatically, or if you lose the connection, you can manually connect the remote and dock. I have had to do this a few times. Once I updated to the latest software it has not happened though.

Place the Remote in the Dock (Docking the RV HUB Remote)
Select Settings > Wi-Fi > RV HUB DOCK
Verify the mode switch at the top of the screen is set to Access Point
Select Reset in the top right corner of the screen
Select Okay
Select the back arrow to return to the home screen

If this does not work you may have to power cycle the dock. Shut everything down. Main power, no shore power, etc.
qzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:13 AM   #6

Thanks, Shortly after this post I just read on garmin website to update. Apparently when you buy these Vehicles with Gps's in them they are not updated. I bought the USB for the hub and downloaded and upgraded like it said. Its like a whole new GPS system. I would have to say it beats the cell phone on the intel it provides. Working great!
RVHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #7

I had a hard time updating mine and its because a lot of micro USB cables are charge only and don't support data. Once I found a data micro USB cable it worked easily.
lslblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
I had a hard time updating mine and its because a lot of micro USB cables are charge only and don't support data. Once I found a data micro USB cable it worked easily.
We had the same problem trying to find the proper cable. Once we had one and updated the unit it works much better

Bruce