Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2020, 01:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I take the detachable face off the dock, power it down by holding the power button for a few seconds and confirming shut-down. Then I hold down the power button on the dock for a few seconds until it shuts down too.

Seems to work, and everything seems to come back up and connect when I go back to it later...
I had thought about cutting off the unit, particularly when boon-docking. It would have to draw down the battery power. I thought tapping the button on the dock put the device to sleep.

So, if I understand it correctly, you have to turn off the unit separately while it is out of the dock and then turn off the dock. Do you leave the unit off the dock? Earlier this year I took the unit off the dock and brought it into the house to update the software and to enter some addresses as favorites. When I replaced it on the dock as we were leaving for a trip to PA, and I had a time getting it to connect. After much research on the Google, I think I finally figure it out. At least I finally got it to connect to the dock. I haven't taken it off the dock since.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I then thought — there is only one other set of speakers - outside for sitting under the canopy. I looked at the toggle switch — it had been flipped to “outside.” I flipped the switch to “inside,” reset the navigation on the Garmin and voila! The navigation voice has returned.
I made this same mistake in our 29MV while returning from our last trip. My wife was planning to take a nap in the back so I tried to fade the radio to full forward so I wouldn't disturb her. When I did that, the volume got very low so I turned the radio way up. She said she could still hear it so I returned the fader to the middle and the radio was blaring throughout the coach. I didn't figure it out until we were back at home and I found the outside speaker switch flipped. When it's flipped, the Front/Rear fader becomes an Outside/Inside fader. Since that switch is right next to a light switch, it's easy to activate accidentally.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I had thought about cutting off the unit, particularly when boon-docking. It would have to draw down the battery power. I thought tapping the button on the dock put the device to sleep.

So, if I understand it correctly, you have to turn off the unit separately while it is out of the dock and then turn off the dock. Do you leave the unit off the dock? Earlier this year I took the unit off the dock and brought it into the house to update the software and to enter some addresses as favorites. When I replaced it on the dock as we were leaving for a trip to PA, and I had a time getting it to connect. After much research on the Google, I think I finally figure it out. At least I finally got it to connect to the dock. I haven't taken it off the dock since.
I leave it off the dock when in storage.

When you're updating, you should update the remote as well as the dock at the same time. Updating only one or the other I could see causing some problems there.

My worst problem with connectivity is with my phone. The Garmin for some reason takes priority over EVERY other connection on Bluetooth OR WiFi. I'll be standing in my kitchen trying to make a WiFi call on my cell phone, and it will sever the connection from my home internet and connect to the Garmin network. Same with Bluetooth. I've been standing there trying to make a call trying to figure out why the heck I can't hear the other person only to realize the audio is playing in the camper in my driveway! I'll manually switch the audio to my handset and it will flip back to bluetooth in the camper moments later. It's maddening!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchout View Post
I have a Garmin RV-BBT601 unit that I removed from my 2018 29MV (replaced with a Kenwood unit). As far as I can tell, all of the functions work as intended, but I never liked the user interface (many others have noted) and wanted Apple Carplay. If you are interested in a replacement unit, I would be happy to let it go for the cost of shipping (probably $20 or so).
Is it possible that you still have the Garmin RV-BBT601 remote hub? My screen is cracked on my 2018 Greyhawk and can't find a replacement.

Thanks.
RV Sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Sary View Post
Is it possible that you still have the Garmin RV-BBT601 remote hub? My screen is cracked on my 2018 Greyhawk and can't find a replacement.

Thanks.
Yes, I still have the complete unit. Has been sitting in a garage cabinet, so is a little dusty, but should still be useful. If interested, send me a PM with your email address and we can work out the logistics.

Mitch

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fusion, garmin, navigation, speakers, zones