Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #21

The problem is intermittent, the propane is igniting now but the unit has been inside our storage facility with no moisture getting to it. I am going to ask dealer to do the board and the switch. I will photograph the new location.
lbyeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #22

Do you have a bug screen over the intake exhaust for the furnace? If not get one on Amazon. It will keep insects and other debris out that could clog the heat exchanger.
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #23

Gas furnace won’t light

We had the same problem with our 2018 Greyhawk 31DS. Took it to a dealer that was authorized by Demetic and the tech immediately changed out the circuit board - with a newer board - the furnace worked perfectly. The part and labor fell under warranty. He said they have had issues with the original circuit board and the new replacement board doesn’t have the same problem.
Jerrwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #24

I had the same problem. It was the sail switch that caused it to not ignite.
kmcurbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #25

I’ve heard issues with not enough air flow on some of the blower units. Not quite sure where I read about it, but furnace keepted tripping off because there was not enough air flow out of the furnace blower causing a heat build up. Some units have a knockout for another vent register. The fix was to run an extra outlet from the blower motor furnace to an area in the RV to alleviate the heat build up. Don’t know if this pertains to you but it might be worth exploring this further.

John
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #26

I had an issue very similar to yours. Furnace would work,then cut out one or two days into the trip. We have an x23f and it was still under warranty. We took back to the dealer and no problem was found. Then on a week long trip to Watkins Glen ny in the fall the temps went down to low 30s. Had to get service in to check out the problem. After 2 hrs of checking dis assembly the issue turned out to be a tiny Styrofoam bead was stuck in the gas orifice. Must have been in the hose from assembly. New unit may have same issue.
Rheffelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #27

Just got our Greyhawk out of the shop at Camping World after it being there since Nov 23rd. Turns out the 2018 Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP has the new circuit board and it is installed at an angle which is Atwood’s fix vs a board mounted flat allowing moisture to gather on it. Our SAL switch tested ok also. After researching and talking with Atwood the technician found a wire had either been left unconnected on the power source or it had come loose. They pulled the wiring diagram from Atwood and checked all the wiring and replaced the one that had come off. My thoughts are it must of worked off because furnace had worked back in March. Just got it home and will fire it up and see, hopefully they are right.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #28

Still not fixed

After 3 days of trying to get the propane furnace to work properly I am throwing up my hands in rage. Our previous post described what our local CW said was the problem and solution after a month of trouble shooting and repair. Brought the unit home, hooked to shore power and furnace up just fine. Checked the cabin that evening and no heat. Once again the furnace worked for a short time and then quit igniting. It rained all the day the next day and as I expected, the furnace would not ignite. I am currently talking to the dealer we purchased the unit from to see if they can fix it.