Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #1

Girard GSWH-2 Tankless water heater

This morning was out 1st issue with the water heater. Turn the hot water and it doesn't get hot. The control panel isn't showing any displays as it normally does indicating water is flowing and rising temp. I can raise the water temp at the panel but it won't heat the water.
I've looked at the heater, powered off/on to no avail. I am thinking it maybe the flow sensor but it is so little room in there I haven't found it.
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1121 View Post
This morning was out 1st issue with the water heater. Turn the hot water and it doesn't get hot. The control panel isn't showing any displays as it normally does indicating water is flowing and rising temp. I can raise the water temp at the panel but it won't heat the water.
I've looked at the heater, powered off/on to no avail. I am thinking it maybe the flow sensor but it is so little room in there I haven't found it.
Just checking, both the power switch, and the power button on the panel are on?

If that is the case, and the panel doesn't indicate anything; Check the 12VDC fuse, and then the 12VDC power, to the controller with a multi-meter.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #3

The problem has been resolved. If it weren't for the alcohol or my age I may have found the problem sooner.
We were on city water at the time, all of a sudden I decided to change over to the fresh water tank and ot worked. I then changed the filter and switched back to city water, all is well. We had changed the filter less than 2 weeks ago but it was the problem.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1121 View Post
The problem has been resolved. If it weren't for the alcohol or my age I may have found the problem sooner.
We were on city water at the time, all of a sudden I decided to change over to the fresh water tank and ot worked. I then changed the filter and switched back to city water, all is well. We had changed the filter less than 2 weeks ago but it was the problem.
Interesting, that you didn't get an error, but glad you sorted it out.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #5

From what I read, if there is not enough flow there is no error code for it. They said to fill a gallon container to see if you have 1 gpm. If not then the flow sensor is bad, but in my case it was the filter.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #6

Also, if you have that problem check both city water connection and using water from fresh water tank. If both have probkrm th e n water heater is probably at fault.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #7

Damn Drunks.....lol
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote