Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

Glycol Used in MH?

While enjoying trying to get my gen set to run (another thread) I noticed, per the owners manual, three white fairly large drain lines. One is the overflow for the freshwater tank, the other I have no clue, but the third is strange. It's folded over to itself and held up with a tie wire. I loosened the tie and let the hose unfold and out came a clear, viscous fluid very similar to glycol. Not antifreeze, but pure glycol. Any idea what the two lines other than the overflow is, and why one would have something like glycol in it?
pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #2

Could it be your intake line for winterizing with pink antifreeze. Should be a valve there or at the pump start/stop the pump from sucking pink through it. Owners manual??
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #3

No, not for winterizing, and this is under the MH near the gen. Manual mentions 3 "drain" lines but gives no details that I remember. Dealer said one was the freshwater overflow, no mention of other two. The one that's doubled over isn't visible unless you're under the vehicle.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

All three are vent/overflow lines from the water tank. It's possible the previous owner folded it over and clamped it, to stop some of the sloshing out of the tank when moving. What you found in that hose might have been some previous anti-freeze that's been laying in there for a while, from a previous winterization.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
All three are vent/overflow lines from the water tank.
Hmmm, that sounds like it should be free to drain then. I did have a conversation with another 22J owner who said the only issue he's had was the freshwater overflow siphoning the water out of the tank while on the road. Air flow under the MH was pulling the water out of the tank.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Which is why it sounds strange that only one was clamped off. All three do the same thing.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote