Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #1

Good Sam Extended Service Plan ?

Hello everyone. Has anyone had any dealings with the Good Sam Extended Service Plan. My unit is running out of all its warranty's and I am considering getting this. Have you had to use it and if so what kind of experience did you have. I welcome any thoughts. Thank you.
connjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
CAG

I think you can find a number of threads on this topic with the search feature and or a Google search.

Pretty much, the Consumer Reports and Dave Ramsey theory is they do not pay for themselves over the long run. Some will tell us how well the plan worked for them but stats tell us those are not the norm. Self insure works better.

Your past history with the rig will also give you an idea of need. Do things break often?

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #3

Extended warrenty

My experience with extended warrentys is not good.I have had 2 and neither one has been useful. They always asy this is not covered or some other excuse. Save your mony and you will be farther ahead. In addition, Good Sam and Camping World have the same owner and based upon what I have heard he is only out to make money. I have not heard anyting good about Camping World as far as RVs go. Pretty poor service. I would expect the same from Good Sam.
PAL70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #4

Red face

Thanks to both of you for your response. My experience with camping world is about 50/50 at best. The small print in the quote does say I can go anywhere but that being, the place I go to has to except the insurance. Again thanks for sharing you knowledge. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.
connjab is offline   Reply With Quote