Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #1

Grey Hawk Prestige 30XP

We have strongly been looking/researching for info on the Grey Hawk Prestige 30XP; Floor plan is perfect, etc. Can't find many remarks for pros and cons.
Any remarks would be appreciated, this is probably our final MH, so want to get it right. Thanks in advance Clyde
Clydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:18 PM   #2

They are really nice motorhome. We looked at them and decided on 29 mv because we had concerns about the really long slide out. Only negative we had with it.
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:50 AM   #3

2019 30X owner here. I've put a little over 20K miles since I bought it new in August of 2019. It's a pretty awesome rig and have only had a few minor issues mainly with the levelers - both fixed myself.
Biggest issues:
1) Super crappy mattress. Fix: Initially put a 4" memory foam pad on but that got old in a hurry. Final fix: Purchased a short queen from Brooklyn Bedding. Now it's awesome.
2) Super crappy foam / support on the jackknife sofa and on the dinette bottom seats. Fix: Removed the crappy jackknife sofa and replaced with electric Thomas Payne recliners. Awesome now. Dinette foam fix: Measured the foam in the dinette seat bottoms and went to a foam replacement website (Foam Factory in Michigan) and for less than $200, got some much firmer foam. Simple to replace the foam. The seat backs aren't all that bad but the bottoms were bad after about 15 minutes.
3) Mine has the double Fridge and there is a very narrow "pantry" about 5" wide on the right hand side and was basically useless. Fix: Found a "pantry slide" that was just narrow enough to fit in the "pantry" on Amazon. It's plastic and is on wheels and it works perfectly to be able to use that space.
4) Under bed storage - pitiful at best. Fix: removed the "paneling floor" and dropped both sides down several inches, added an electric lift (Amazon). Now, I can actually use both sides for some decent storage. Note: the new mattress was about 70 pounds where the old mattress was extremely light so I had to beef up the mounting points for the electric lift.
5) Front TV placement is at an extremely awkward position and neither the front or bedroom TV was a Smart TV. Fix: Added longer extension arms (1" aluminum box from Menards about 14" longer) and replaced the front and rear TV's with Smart TV's. The front TV is still an a awkward angle when in the recliners but much much better than before.
6) Passenger cab seat: Almost no room to recline that seat. The jackknife sofa had a removable armrest that gives the passenger seat an inch or so more recline but not ideal. Fix: When I replaced the jackknife sofa with the recliners, I used super strut channels to mount the recliners to - after bolting the super strut channels to the coach floor. Now, I can slide both recliners / center console aft about 8" closer to the side door entry and now the passenger seat reclines quite a lot and is much better.
7) Crappy radio (soundstream). Going to replace that this summer.
Other oddities:
1) Can be a PITA on occasion to get fuel in - the fuel fill line is almost horizontal to the fuel tank with a VERY slight downward angle. If the gas pump concrete area is slanted towards the gas pump, the pump kicks off due to lack of venting when filling. Manual filling is then required. Rotating the pump handle left / right / up / in / out can sometimes eliminate the back pressure and the pump will keep running on it's own. Doesn't happen very often but just be aware.
2) Coach handling from the factory was less than desirable. I added the following (incrementally):
A. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
B. Helwig front sway bar
C. Re-adjusted the rear Helwig helper springs to about a 2" gap on the front and rear hangers. Thanks to this forum!
D. Added Sumo springs front a rear.
E. Added the SuperSteer rear trac bar (which made the most significant handling improvement).
3) Mine did not come with a power drivers seat - very annoying on those long drives. Fix: Found an outfit in AZ that sells the base and 6 way power option pedestal for around $550. Great improvement! I'm going to also add the power seat option to the passenger seat.
4) Only place to turn on the water pump when traveling or boondocking is either in the wet bay outside or the inside control panel. Issue was that when traveling, if you use the head and forget to turn on the water pump before you go, you can't flush using water and you can't wash your hands unless you go back out of the head and turn on the water pump. Also, I don't travel with the water pump on but kept forgetting to turn it off. On my third trip, the water heater inlet line was a bit loose and I manages to soak the area under the fridge where the water heater is. Fix: I added a lighted ON/ OFF switch in the head so now it's easy to get water. The pump can be controlled from any of the 2 interior switches or the wet bay switch. As for forgetting to shut it off, I added a flashing LED to the main control panel so that it's much easier to see when the pump is on by a quick glance. The control panel LED light is very difficult to see.
Overall, it's been an awesome coach - We spent 80 days on the road last year and just got back from a 35 day Florida trip. Hope this helps and good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
20200716_175519_resized.jpg   20200718_173303_resized.jpg   20200711_102742_resized.jpg   20200716_175859_resized.jpg  
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #4

Thanks, your descriptions and pictures are most helpful. We were fence sitting between the 30XP and another class c. This signed the deal, we're looking for a 30XP. Clyde
Clydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:09 PM   #5

We have a 2019 30x and agree the fuel fill can be a pain in the neck. I started just driving it up on a couple yellow leveling blocks and it hasn’t been an issue since. Jayco does have a fix but for what little effort it is to use the levelers I’m not incline to allow them to cut into the side.
Attached Thumbnails
7D250270-AC32-4EAF-B79E-CDB1C0479974.jpg  
JLH1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:31 PM   #6

JLH1981 - I did not know that Jayco had issued a "fix" for the refueling issue. Good to know but it only happens maybe once out of every 8 times refueling and if it's particularly bad, I'll either go to another pump or go to another gas station. I'm like you - not inclined to let someone hack up the coach. I'd be curious if anyone on this forum has had the "fix" performed and if the relocation of the fill line actually takes care of the issue?
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #7

we're in an older (2016) but similar sized motorhome. My only caution would be to check the CCC.

The bigger these things get, the more they pack in them, the smaller the CCC gets.

On our 31FK, the CCC is laughably small.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:29 AM   #8

Just bought the 2018 30XP and will pick it up next week. You pay up some for it but when you compare it to all the ugly junk out there the extra is well worth it.
GREYHAWK-30XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:49 PM   #9

Check out thread posted a few years ago about fueling problems. I have a 2018 Greyhawk 30X. I had issues with filling the fuel tank but I was able to fix it. There are pictures that show the problem and the resolution. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...lem-65575.html
JPHealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:55 PM   #10

Also check out this thread of some of the mods I did on our rig. The latest was removing the glass shower doors and adding the https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...TSfcF08wSg7wgm.

Here is the link to the Mods. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ons-59578.html
JPHealy is offline   Reply With Quote