Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #1

Greyhawk 2018 radio help

I was wondering if there is a better manual for what is hooked up and what is not on tablet. I was wondering if any TV are hooked into the system? i did notice that there is RCA jacks hooked up behind the tv but not sure what they are for? Need to increase the volume on the tv when it is pouring outside hard to hear the tv. What are you using to hear the TV sound when it is raining?
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerjk View Post
I was wondering if there is a better manual for what is hooked up and what is not on tablet. I was wondering if any TV are hooked into the system? i did notice that there is RCA jacks hooked up behind the tv but not sure what they are for? Need to increase the volume on the tv when it is pouring outside hard to hear the tv. What are you using to hear the TV sound when it is raining?

I don't know what unit they put in the 2018.
In our 2016, it's the infamous Jensen JRV215.

Yes, if you put a DVD in the headunit, it will play on the TVs. But the sound seemed to be miswired, and it will only play standard DVDs (not BluRay) so we never use it.

The living room TV is wired up to the ceiling speakers, but again we don't bother with it. The sound is good enough, but if I wanted more volume I would just buy an inexpensive Sound Bar and hook that up to the Furrion TV.

I found a good Blu-ray DVD player on sale and hooked that up to the TV. Much easier that using the in-dash unit.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
Site Team

I use a wireless headphone.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #4

If you have the Jensen JRV9000 I have the full manual in PDF format. That is what came in our 2017 Greyhawk. The TV is connected to it for audio on aux input 2 I believe (would have to look).

I think you can play DVDs from the radio to the TV but the image is basically crap. Get a low priced DVD player and connect to the TV via HDMI. At least it is high def then.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #5

My 2018 has the Garmin Fusion. It's VERY quirky IMO and not entirely intuitive for the A/V side. But then I have little patience for much more than a knob that clearly says "volume" or a switch that tells me which set of speakers is being piped.

After fiddling with it seemingly endlessly, I got the "zones" figured out and can pipe the TV sound through any zone or combination of zones I want. Sometimes I'll pipe it into the cab and listen to a movie my son is watching while I drive. Most of the time while we're parked, I have it piped through the forward-most ceiling speakers so I can hear it over the AC noise.

I'm sorry I can't tell you precisely what I did, but it involves the "gain", and setting up the "zones" and involved quite a lot of experimentation. I downloaded the app, so now I can use my phone to control the sound rather than the detached face (tablet) of the head unit.

I hate fiddling with that thing...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
My 2018 has the Garmin Fusion. It's VERY quirky IMO and not entirely intuitive for the A/V side. But then I have little patience for much more than a knob that clearly says "volume" or a switch that tells me which set of speakers is being piped.

After fiddling with it seemingly endlessly, I got the "zones" figured out and can pipe the TV sound through any zone or combination of zones I want. Sometimes I'll pipe it into the cab and listen to a movie my son is watching while I drive. Most of the time while we're parked, I have it piped through the forward-most ceiling speakers so I can hear it over the AC noise.

I'm sorry I can't tell you precisely what I did, but it involves the "gain", and setting up the "zones" and involved quite a lot of experimentation. I downloaded the app, so now I can use my phone to control the sound rather than the detached face (tablet) of the head unit.

I hate fiddling with that thing...
What app did you download? Sure wish they had a manual to explain or they would show us how to operate it. Thanks
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerjk View Post
What app did you download? Sure wish they had a manual to explain or they would show us how to operate it. Thanks
It's called "Fusion Link". It's free in the App store, don't know about Google Play if you're an Android user.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #8

My 2018 Greyhawk has the Garmin Fussion system like you have. If you have very little patience I suggest you not try to use this system . You will probably beat it to death with your bare hands. Once you play with it for a while you understand how it works. I use my phone and Bluetooth Pandora music. Also do not be surprised if mirror cameras work intermittently. I very seldom remove control unit from the dash. Also you need to update the software for the unit if you have not all ready done it . Go to Garmin website and get the directions to do it . Then it will work a lot better. Remember Patience...
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote