Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #1

Greyhawk 29 MVP inverter/converter

I'm trying to locate the serial number on several items in my rig. Does anyone know the exact location of the converter, inverter, slide-out motors, and freshwater tank?

Thanks
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:49 PM   #2

Jaytalk...this is a good question. Back in the day the coach builders would have a sheet with all the appliances and electronic listed with serial numbers. I haven't seen that lately. I guess you looked through your paperwork. I remember seeing books from each supplier but didn't notice any serial numbers. The serial numbers should be located on the equipment but might be impossible to find even if you know where the equipment is located.

Maybe Jayco has a list? They could run your vin# and send it to you. Not sure they have one but worth a call to see.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Jaytalk...this is a good question. Back in the day the coach builders would have a sheet with all the appliances and electronic listed with serial numbers. I haven't seen that lately. I guess you looked through your paperwork. I remember seeing books from each supplier but didn't notice any serial numbers. The serial numbers should be located on the equipment but might be impossible to find even if you know where the equipment is located.

Maybe Jayco has a list? They could run your vin# and send it to you. Not sure they have one but worth a call to see.
Cabinetmaker, thanks for the reply. I'll give Jayco a call. But in the meantime, do you know the location of the converter and the inverter?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Cabinetmaker, thanks for the reply. I'll give Jayco a call. But in the meantime, do you know the location of the converter and the inverter?
They are under the bed. Look for the breaker / fuse panel. You should find them behind there.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
They are under the bed. Look for the breaker / fuse panel. You should find them behind there.
One last question: Is there anyway to see the water tank so I can see how much water is it going in as opposed to using the worthless indicator light meter?
Old 07-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #6

Quote:
One last question: Is there anyway to see the water tank so I can see how much water is it going in as opposed to using the worthless indicator light meter?
No, I don’t think so...but you can get a flow meter that hooks to your hose so you can see how much water you are transferring to the tank. That might work?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #7

Ok. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok. Thanks!
there is a sticker that tells you the total amount of gallons of water the tank holds.
30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30coupe View Post
there is a sticker that tells you the total amount of gallons of water the tank holds.
I was trying to figure out a way to visually see when the tank is 50%. That is, as opposed to looking at the indicator at the command center.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
You can install a better quality monitor system, just for FW tank, just look online.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #11

On my Seneca, I pulled off the panel hiding the fresh water tank. I can now see exactly how much water I have and it gave the compartment some additional storage space. Not sure if yours is the same.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #12

On my 2018 29MV, I can see the water tank. It's all the way in the rear middle tucked up pretty high. You would have to lay on the ground to see it.

A flow-meter would be a better solution if you need to know how much water is going in. To know exactly what you have left (if that is critical for you), I would replace the sensors with something like See Levels (https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...-tank-monitor/).

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
On my 2018 29MV, I can see the water tank. It's all the way in the rear middle tucked up pretty high. You would have to lay on the ground to see it.

A flow-meter would be a better solution if you need to know how much water is going in. To know exactly what you have left (if that is critical for you), I would replace the sensors with something like See Levels (https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...-tank-monitor/).
Thanks Camper_bob! I'll take a look next week and let you know what I see. Btw, do you happen to have any pictures of what you're describing?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks Camper_bob! I'll take a look next week and let you know what I see. Btw, do you happen to have any pictures of what you're describing?
Only in my head at this point, sorry.

I will eventually take some pics in the area though. I put shut-off valves on two of my 3 overflow/vent hoses to mitigate siphoning of fresh water. That was a stop-gap. I'm going to run them all into one and move a single valve outboard where I don't have to crawl under the unit to get to it.

I don't know how much volume they think is going in and out of that tank, but 3 vent hoses seems a bit overkill to me. And worse, they're all in the same spot!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote