Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
It's in storage now so I can't go out and measure but... off the top of my head I'm sure that side cabinet is not 16" wide. I'd guess it's maybe 10"...

If a queen is 60x80 (a short queen 60x74) and a King 76x80, I'm still skeptical it'll fit. Not to mention how you'd get it thru the door.

If no one chimes in with an exact measurement, and it's still an open question, I'll see if I can't get out to ours with a tape measure.
No hurry, Pconroy. A california king is 72" wide..still may be too wide for that space
I'm going to order a tempurpedic (we sleep on a King tempurpedic at home), and it comes compressed in a little 24" square box. But once you open it....BOOM!
If you get a chance, I'd love the measurement! The dealer we saw this C at was 4 hours from us. Maybe if we speak with them tomorrow, I'll ask if they can measure it for me. Thanks for you help and input!

sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #12

We have a solution!

After going to give the FK a better look through and measure some things up, we've decided that LunatheLab's bed can sit on the box in front of the wardrobe in the bedroom with a small extension, putting her close to us, but not in the bed with us. At least that's what we THINK can happen. Luna may have a different idea, once we camp in it.

Also, we think the mattress seemed kind of comfortable, so no need to switch it out just yet. If we ever do though, I would probably go to a shortened RV King, which will make me happy. I don't think we HAVE TO round the edges like the stock mattress, but we'll cross that bridg if/when we get to it!

Everything is a go with this RV...we pick it up on Saturday!

sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #13

Sounds like a great plan. I agree you might as well give the mattress a shot. It's there, you can't resell it. Who knows, you may like it.

For some reason that mattress gives my bones a thrashing. I ache all over after one night on that thing. We've got a new Sealy at home - that I love. I heard an ad for the Sealy Cocoon mattress today. 100 night money back guarantee. Might give that a shot.

pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote