Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2018, 10:02 PM   #1

Greyhawk 29MVP

I just ordered my new Jayco Greyhawk 29 MVP. It should be built and ready within the next 8 to 12 weeks. I just was looking for feedback from any of the folks in the forum that have the exact unit. How do you like it, have you had any problems, or do you have any insightful things that you would like to share?

Thanks!
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #2

We just picked our new 2018 29mvp today. Some of the outside compartments have lights some don't. ones on passenger side have catches to hold them up. Ones on driver side don't. Not sure why? Probably because the slides are on that side. One has a 120 volt plug but you have to hunt for it...it's above facing down. Outside tv does not work with the blueray inside. Not even sure if the sound can come out of the ourside speakers. Our delivery guy couldn't make it work? maybe someone else knows about that. Backup camera and side view cameras are hard to see with sunglasses on. drove home pulling our jeep JK Rubicon Recon 4 door. No problem. Plenty of power from the v10 and the ride was smooth and predictable. I was surprised that the noise level wasn't that bad but I"m use t driving my jeep so maybe that had something to do with it. Take some new batteries with you and make them replace the keyless entry lock batteries before you program it. Save yourself some trouble. Those locks come with cheap off brand batteries. We got the full body paint, two airs, and aluminum wheels. Ours was built a couple months ago and i noticed ford has now changed the tires from michelins to hankook. Not sure why but I have heard good things about the hankooks. So far so good. Were going to take a shakedown trip in a week or so and I"ll know more after that.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
We just picked our new 2018 29mvp today. Some of the outside compartments have lights some don't. ones on passenger side have catches to hold them up. Ones on driver side don't. Not sure why? Probably because the slides are on that side. One has a 120 volt plug but you have to hunt for it...it's above facing down. Outside tv does not work with the blueray inside. Not even sure if the sound can come out of the ourside speakers. Our delivery guy couldn't make it work? maybe someone else knows about that. Backup camera and side view cameras are hard to see with sunglasses on. drove home pulling our jeep JK Rubicon Recon 4 door. No problem. Plenty of power from the v10 and the ride was smooth and predictable. I was surprised that the noise level wasn't that bad but I"m use t driving my jeep so maybe that had something to do with it. Take some new batteries with you and make them replace the keyless entry lock batteries before you program it. Save yourself some trouble. Those locks come with cheap off brand batteries. We got the full body paint, two airs, and aluminum wheels. Ours was built a couple months ago and i noticed ford has now changed the tires from michelins to hankook. Not sure why but I have heard good things about the hankooks. So far so good. Were going to take a shakedown trip in a week or so and I"ll know more after that.
Thanks for your response!

I'll be look looking to hearing from you after you take your shakedown trip. I'm so excited to be getting mine, and thanks for the tip on the batteries. I really didn't want the keyless entry lock, because I've heard a lot of bad things about it but it comes with the unit.

Take care.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote