Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #1

Question Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner question

Has anyone replaced the sofa in the Greyhawk 29MVP with recliners? We have been looking at the RecPro website and there doesn’t really seem to be any that fit. The recliner bases are too large for the slide platform. We called RecPro and they said that they have heard that some people have done mods to the slide by adding plywood but they don’t recommend it because when the footrest is out the chairs tend to lean forward, they really need 36 inches on the slide. My hubby is 6’3” and is already concerned that he will be hanging off the end of small recliners. Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #2

We recently replaced our jackknife sofa with the RecPro 58” recliner. We have a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV. The platform is 33” deep and yes I hung the recliner a few inches off the platform with you issue. The recliner has 4 sets of foot pads in a row so 3 sets are still on the base. I tried the plywood but didn’t like the additional 1” that it added to the height. I’ll include a picture with the plywood which I removed the next day and remounted the recliner directly on the base. You may need to re route some wiring under there but it was quite simple. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them. Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
0A91748C-322D-4E2C-8D1D-8C155CF8EBC4.jpg  
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #3

Do you have any problems with them tilting forward?
Old 04-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #4

No problem with them tilting forward. I have them fastened down along the back frame and sides. My wife and I are average height 5’9” and 5’5” and average weight 165 for me and 115 for her.
The recliner installed is very solid.
Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Old 04-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #5

Jimmyd what did you do with the electrical box that is screwed into the floor. Can it stay there or did you have to move it? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewren View Post
Jimmyd what did you do with the electrical box that is screwed into the floor. Can it stay there or did you have to move it? Thanks.
On our coach it was easy to relocate the electric box behind the frame of the recliner. If your setup is like mine you should have lots of room behind the frame as it will be 15” out from the wall. That’s the frame not the top back of the recliner.
Also the wiring was dead center so I routed it between the 2 frames. Very simple to do. If I get time today I will remove a back and snap a picture. We are in route to California so it may take a little while. Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Old 04-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
On our coach it was easy to relocate the electric box behind the frame of the recliner. If your setup is like mine you should have lots of room behind the frame as it will be 15” out from the wall. That’s the frame not the top back of the recliner.
Also the wiring was dead center so I routed it between the 2 frames. Very simple to do. If I get time today I will remove a back and snap a picture. We are in route to California so it may take a little while. Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Shewren, here is a picture of what’s behind the recliner and where I moved the electric box to. Lots of room back there. Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
68AF650E-DCE9-46FB-B9D0-D71624F2C084.jpg