Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #1

Greyhawk 30Z First Road Trip

Drove CRV Bellingham to Spokane, Dec 3. Winter conditions but clear roads.. PDI went OK. Overnight in Spokane, then on to Coeur dAlene, south on 95 to Boise, west to Bend, then to coast. Up 101 from Florence to Forks, then Port Townsend and then home.. Total miles 2400, elevation changes, sea level to 6000 ft. Snowy roads Bend to Roseberg, then snow again in Forks area. Rig handled well, power good mileage 8.5mpg. Towing all the way. Temps were right around freezing. Stayed where there were hookups, and stayed warm with small heater and fireplace. Problems with rig. Rear slide did not want to extend or retract without getting cock-eyed. Got it retimed after watching youtube videos. Side slide when extended is not flush , seems OK when retracted.. Water heater quit, bad connection at thermocouple. Before leaving dealer found one battery cable not hooked up, just hanging in battery area. It was positive that parallelled batts. Also ground terminals needed tightening. a couple of trim pieces have come loose. Losing water from fresh water tank, no sign of leaks, may be siphoning. Also shower faucet plumbed backwards. And does anyone know where invertor is located in 30z.
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
AHW

Recently purchased a 2022 Redhawk 31F. During the dealership inspection, the water heater worked perfectly fine. Had a trip planned to Big Bear Lake, CA which is only about an hour from us and the water heater wouldn't work on propane or electric. Read a couple internet articles, pulled the thermocouple and checked for continuity. It was bad. Changed it and it's worked fine since. Have a 5 pack of thermocouples just in case.

The fresh water tank overflow losing several gallons while traveling is a common issue. I ended up hose clamping all the hoses into a 3 to 1 adapter then ran the hose out to the back of the RV. I cap it while traveling down the road and then uncap it when I get to my destination and have used a little bit of water. You CANNOT forget to uncap it though as the water pump will compress the tank if left capped. Here are a couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8372.jpg   IMG_8373.jpg   IMG_8375.jpg  
AHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHW View Post
Recently purchased a 2022 Redhawk 31F. During the dealership inspection, the water heater worked perfectly fine. Had a trip planned to Big Bear Lake, CA which is only about an hour from us and the water heater wouldn't work on propane or electric. Read a couple internet articles, pulled the thermocouple and checked for continuity. It was bad. Changed it and it's worked fine since. Have a 5 pack of thermocouples just in case.

The fresh water tank overflow losing several gallons while traveling is a common issue. I ended up hose clamping all the hoses into a 3 to 1 adapter then ran the hose out to the back of the RV. I cap it while traveling down the road and then uncap it when I get to my destination and have used a little bit of water. You CANNOT forget to uncap it though as the water pump will compress the tank if left capped. Here are a couple pictures.
I also have the Redhawk 31F but 2021 model. What I discovered while lurking underneath was this metal brace Jayco used to secure the gray tank. The corner of that angled brace was poking a hole into my fresh water tank. Since I had carried a full tank of water, it sagged causing a mark. caught it just in time. I sawed off that corner to prevent it from happening again. You may want to check yours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210926_142633.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	77864
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210927_114618.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	77865
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:48 PM   #4
AHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post
I also have the Redhawk 31F but 2021 model. What I discovered while lurking underneath was this metal brace Jayco used to secure the gray tank. The corner of that angled brace was poking a hole into my fresh water tank. Since I had carried a full tank of water, it sagged causing a mark. caught it just in time. I sawed off that corner to prevent it from happening again. You may want to check yours.

Attachment 77864
Attachment 77865
Wow! I will have to check mine out.
AHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post

Attachment 77864
Attachment 77865
I Also had a angle iron rubbing on my fresh water. Took it off and cut off sharp edge on our 2017 29MV . Ted Colorado
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote