Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

Greyhawk 31FS Slide Out Issue

We are on our first trip, and when we went to put the front slide out in I noticed it was not coming in completely. It seems a bit choppy coming in, the top portion of the slide lags behind and pops in a bit at a time instead of smoothly, and the top of the slide does not completely come in leaving around a 1 inch out. The bottom is flush, the top is not. I looked all over for debris etc, or for a seal issue. It seems almost like the slide out is rubbing too much on the seal and it is getting caught up before it gets completely in. Any help on how to at least get it fully in for the travel home would be appreciated!
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #2

This is likely a dumb question, but here goes: is your rig perfectly level? Slides can bind if you are not properly leveled.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #3

Well, we leveled using the auto leveling jacks, but I can't say I verified it! I will in the morning before we leave, but I'm betting we are pretty darn level with the system. Thanks though!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

Is this a new unit under warranty? If you are within a reasonable distance of the dealer, many dealers will send out a tech to your campsite to deal with emergency warranty issues. Just a thought.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #5

Yep, brand new unit. There is no dealer close, and we are only around an hour from home. I was planning on just driving it home tomorrow and taking it to dealer Monday. The bottom half of the slide is completely in, it's just the two top corners that are an inch shy of complete closure. It's going to be sunny. I see no choice but to head home as I got to work Monday morning!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #6

x2 on being level. The levelers need to be recalibrated occasionally. Right now, my unit sits about an inch out of level, side to side. That's all it takes for our bunk slide to bind at the top coming back in. It will bind and pop just as you describe. If I manually raise the low side an inch, the slide moves in and out smoothly. If your battery voltage drops too low, then the leveler's controller is prone to losing it's calibration. Easy to recalibrate if you want to do it yourself.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote