Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #1

Greyhawk Advice please

I have order a 2017 MV29 Greyhawk which should be arriving anytime now according to my dealer. I have a question or two if some of you guys or gals can help me with or give your opinion.

Do any of you pull a GMC Canyon or Chevy Colorado with your geryhawk ordo you have any advice or opinions on such a setup? I have a 2015 Canyon that I have base plate and SMI braking installed on and jsut waiting on th MH.

Also I am thinking seriously about going ahead and ordering the 5 Star Tuning.. What is your opinion on this product?

Thanks a bunch for any opinions you can share with me.
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

Your 2017 Greyhawk has the 6 speed transmission. I don't think you will need the 5 star tuning. AFAIK the tuning is not yet available for the 2016's. You could also try the GH without the tune and see how it runs. If a 5 star tune is available for the 6 speed tranny's it might be a good investment. They have a great reputation.
I do not tow with my GH so I don't have experience with how the 6 speed works with a toad. It works great without a toad.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #3

I have a 2016 GH 31ds with the 6 speed, and my toad weighs in at about 4000lbs. I haven't been on any big hills yet , but it pulls my toad just fine. Actually not much difference than when I am not dragging the toad. I put the trans in tow/haul mode and it works very well. Will even downshift more when slowing down to ease the work on the brakes. Trans shifts very smoothly and plenty of power.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote