Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2020, 11:48 PM   #1

Greyhawk cargo carry capacity? any 2500+ CCC?

Looking at Greyhawk class C line, Jayco does not give much helpful info on its website. CCC is as important as floorplan. Usually there are many storages inside/outside, but not enough CCC to carry with, considering full water and fuel tanks and people inside.

External_length/external_height/CCC/Hitch_weight
--------------------------------------------------------------------
27U
29MV
30X
30Z
31F

Please help me fill out the information above.
Are there any class C motorhomes with 2500 lbs+ CCC?

Greyhawk is $15K+ more expensive than redhawk, both using the same engine and chassis. What are the major differences? Thanks.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #2

Go look at the yellow sticker in the doors of rigs you are looking at. The CCC is all over the place but is listed in every rig. Not a good idea to travel with full tanks in a class C. Tanks are not secured as well as they are in a class A. For use we required two AC units so had to be greyhawk. Good luck with your search.
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
Looking at Greyhawk class C line, Jayco does not give much helpful info on its website. CCC is as important as floorplan. Usually there are many storages inside/outside, but not enough CCC to carry with, considering full water and fuel tanks and people inside.

27U
29MV
30X
30Z
31F

Greyhawk is $15K+ more expensive than redhawk, both using the same engine and chassis. What are the major differences? Thanks.
For 29MV see picture.

General rule of thumb... A Class C will have a CCC ceiling based on its wheel size and frame make up. The longer the unit the less CCC, the shorter will have higher CCC.
Greyhawks will have more options install which all take away from the CCC. Redhawks will have less options and have a higher CCC.

My guess would be that the 27U would have the highest CCC available in your list.

Also I don't believe there is a Class C out there with a CCC above 2,500lbs range. Unless its a bare shell stripped down of all the options inside.
Attached Thumbnails
20161003_151630000_iOS.1.2.jpg  

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #4

Quote:

27U
29MV
30X
30Z
31F

I'm in a '16 31FK with a CCC of under a thousand pounds, if I recall correctly.
The bottom four are going to be very close to my 31FK. I'll bet a nice cheeseburger that those four won't come close to 2500...

As for Greyhawk vs. Redhawk, that's a very common question. You're right - the basics are the same. You'll get a different suspension on the Greyhawk, "JRide Plus". You'll get leveling jacks.

Just go to Jayco.com and pull up the Greyhawk in one tab, Redhawk in the other and compare.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:

Mine is a little shorter than what you're considering, but the only thing we're missing is a couch, but my front two seats swivel around, so we get extra seating there.

Greyhawks have some additional polyraz added to them. Mostly trim upgrades, and they have auto levelers and some power management.

Regarding CCC, I ran my rig over the CAT scales, fully loaded, full water, gas, and propane, 2 people, dog, all our gear, and we came in at 12,680. We have a max of the 14,500.

Wifey asks, "what does that mean?". I told her she can't put any more stuff in the rig!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:

27U
29MV
30X
30Z
31F

We have started looking at our next rig. Not sure what it might be. The DW now is starting to think MH. So that is one thing that also drives me nuts, as I need enough towing capacity

I found our local dealer has a lot of information on there website. You do have to dig down a little bit to get some of the info. They have a section called "Driving Equipment", that has the drive train specifications. I have seen pictures on their website, of used rigs showing the yellow sticker.

Here is an example of what they list for a 27U;

https://www.hilltopcamper.com/produc...27u-1266809-16

Hope this helps you find what your looking for.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Redhawk SE 22A

Our incoming 2021 Redhawk SE 22A on the Chevy 4500 chassis will have a CCC over 4000 lbs.
Demco Stay n Play
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:

27U
29MV
30X
30Z
31F

The CCC will be higher on the Redhawk because it doesn’t have as many features, but it’s the same bones. If you get a bigger model, you’ll miss out on the second AC the Greyhawk offers. We out an Maxxair fan over the rear bedroom vent to help with air movement back there. To me, those are the major differences. My Redhawk has the auto leveling. The J-Ride Plus suspension upgrades shouldn’t be a reason to get the Greyhawk, you can upgrade the steering stabilizer and sway bars to make the rig handle better.
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinator View Post
Our incoming 2021 Redhawk SE 22A on the Chevy 4500 chassis will have a CCC over 4000 lbs.
Great! What is its length? 22 feet?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:29 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Quote:
Great! What is its length? 22 feet?
It is 25' 6".
Demco Stay n Play
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote