Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Really like not having to carry a key to access it at home. Use it all the time. Batteries last much longer if you use the expensive lithium ion batteries.
X2!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #22

I think all the responses about taking the panel off the door and removing the batteries will reset it to factory setting. Rules should be on back or inside side of the panel. A quick reminder, we are talking about the batteries in the door lock, not the coach battery. You can also google the manufacturer and get the instructions that way. Jayco used different locks at different times so you need to know which one they used on your rig. I have never used the key on my rig. Only when it goes to the dealer do they use the key. So the locks definitely work.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #23

Just installed our 2nd replacement lock from Bauer.
This on is even better on locking tight.
The key pad has changed with LEDS lights that Shows
locking Status.
Great Customer service .
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #24

I had a Greyhawk and traded it on a SENECA. Same door lock. If you take the plate off behind the handle (where the batteries go) there are instruction on how to reset the combination.
South Jersey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelyndogs View Post
I think all the responses about taking the panel off the door and removing the batteries will reset it to factory setting. Rules should be on back or inside side of the panel. A quick reminder, we are talking about the batteries in the door lock, not the coach battery. You can also google the manufacturer and get the instructions that way. Jayco used different locks at different times so you need to know which one they used on your rig. I have never used the key on my rig. Only when it goes to the dealer do they use the key. So the locks definitely work.

X2
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #26

Locked out

The Batteries in my keyless entry went dead in the keyless entry itself. I went online to Bauer.com and looked at the instructions for the keyless entry pad. There is a factory preset four digit number that is contained in the instructions and you can use that code to gain entry into your coach. The instructions also tell you how to change your code once you pull the batteries out for more than 10 seconds.
lrousseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #27

Just finished reading all the posts and doesn't look like I see an answer. I also have a 2014 Greyhawk 31FK and went nuts trying to solve the door lock. Mainly because I thought it was a Bauer. It is a Trimark Keyless entry system. No batteries, hard wired to the battery. Go to trimarkcorp.com On the top drop down menu click support. You will see keyless entry support. Follow the menu they will ask to for your make model etc. They have 2013 not 2014 so click that. You get to the instructions and video. Good luck!
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #28

This is from the manual. If you replace the batteries then the lock reverts to factory code. You need to push 3/4 and b/lock buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds until you hear a series of beeps. Then program in your new code and press b/lock button when done.

I replaced my my batteries today with lithium so I had to look this up.
Attached Thumbnails
FEF23699-80DD-4F0A-A6B5-6B6F1C9A5401.jpg   143B4142-ED6A-4932-AE23-F7F630630A8F.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks79 View Post
Those things are actually suppose to work?
Mine does
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #30

As others have said, unscrew the battery door, and the instructions are on the back of the cover. Always start with batteries removed, then install fresh batteries. On mine, you press the 3/4 button, and the "Key" button, It beeps, you then enter your code and hit the "Key" button again. If it does not work the first time, try manually locking the door, then trying again.

I have found that when the batteries start getting low on voltage, the unlocking/locking will be inconsistent. If you are getting that behavior, you need to change the batteries. We just got back from an 11 week trip where we used the locks multiple times a day, and I found that my batteries lasted about 6 weeks. If you use the rig on an occasional basis they should last much longer, but I recommend lithium batteries as they will hold a charge longer and are not as sensitive to temp swings.

We did have to have the original unit replaced under warranty, but the replacement has been very handy, especially with kids coming and going w/o keys. That said, I have a realtor style hide-a-key hanging in the engine compartment with an extra key so I never get locked out.

Bill
wducat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #31

If it’s a Bauer lock (the kind powered by batteries) it will reset to the default combo if you take out the batteries and put them back in. I believe the default combo is 3715. Then you can reset. I have written instructions for those around here someplace I can send. Let me know if that doesn’t work.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote