Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #1

Greyhawk entry door touchpad lock

We just bought a 2014 greyhawk 31fk but don't have the combination to the entry door touchpad lock system. Does anybody know how I can get the combinatin or re-program it?
Thanks
Big Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddio View Post
We just bought a 2014 greyhawk 31fk but don't have the combination to the entry door touchpad lock system. Does anybody know how I can get the combinatin or re-program it?
Thanks
Bauer made the one on our 2016.

Bauer EM - Bauer Products
Old 07-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #3

For our's you just have to unscrew cover for the batteries. There should be instructions on the inside of that cover on how to reprogram. Let me know if it is there.

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #4

Quote:

Thanks

When you pull the batteries out, it should erase the code. There should be instructions on the inside if the battery door as to how to set or reset your combination. At least on mine there is.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

Those things are actually suppose to work?
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks79 View Post

Mine works very well. The original one that came on the coach was bad, and Jayco sent me an updated one that has been just great !! The batteries have lasted almost a year, so far, with a lot of use.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks79 View Post
Yup! I think I've only used my actual key once or twice. Once during the PDI for sure, and maybe another time before I had programmed it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the buttons are "soft touch" and they're REALLY sensitive, so if you barely run a finger over them, the pad registers an input.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Yup! I think I've only used my actual key once or twice. Once during the PDI for sure, and maybe another time before I had programmed it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the buttons are "soft touch" and they're REALLY sensitive, so if you barely run a finger over them, the pad registers an input.

That’s true, plus the only other problem I’ve had, is one time when the sun was directly on the pad for a while, in 100+ degree temp, it did not want to react to my touch. I don’t know if the pad is heat sensitive to the touch, or not, but that was the only time it didn’t want to work properly for me. I used it again later that day and all was fine. I have keys hidden away, just in case things such as this ever happen. It just surprised me when it did not want to work, after three attempts.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
That’s true, plus the only other problem I’ve had, is one time when the sun was directly on the pad for a while, in 100+ degree temp, it did not want to react to my touch. I don’t know if the pad is heat sensitive to the touch, or not, but that was the only time it didn’t want to work properly for me. I used it again later that day and all was fine. I have keys hidden away, just in case things such as this ever happen. It just surprised me when it did not want to work, after three attempts.
I still take my keys with me whenever we leave the camper.

I've been thinking about hiding a key somewhere on the outside as well as an ignition key somewhere on the inside. I've been known to forget my keys when I go to pick the unit up from storage. It was a bigger problem with the trailer because I was often by myself, but with the MH, DW has to come too, so at least one of us usually remembers to bring keys to the camper! LOL!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #10

Interesting. I have found my keyless entry lock completely useless. I think it worked for a week after we bought the unit new. I had the dealer preform a repair under warranty and I've just never trusted it since. We just use a key or leave it unlocked. Maybe I'll try it again.
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #11

I use my all the time and only used the key a couple of times. At first it did not seem to work well but adjusted the door strike plates and it now works every time.

I have key lock box mounted in my propane tank bay. This bay doesn’t have a lock on it. I keep a spare key for the truck ignition which will open the cab doors.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #12

Ours works very well... as long as the batteries in the lock are new. Once it starts acting up, we put fresh AA's in it and it is back to working great.

Leave it with old batteries, and like anything else - it wont work that well.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #13

We love our electronic locks, as noted batteries are the issue. Good quality fresh batteries make all the difference. I seem to remember the code programming was in the owners manual too....or maybe I just wrote it in the owners manual, but yes, inside the battery compartment on mine also.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #14

Thanks all for the info. But ours does not have a battery compartment on the lock. The touchpad is half way between the handle and the bottom of the door instead of right on the lockset. It has 2 spring loaded contacts in hinge side of door and also has a small sensor similar door or window security alarm system.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks all for the info. But ours does not have a battery compartment on the lock. The touchpad is half way between the handle and the bottom of the door instead of right on the lockset. It has 2 spring loaded contacts in hinge side of door and also has a small sensor similar door or window security alarm system.
Big Daddio...the newer units come with a battery operated lock. Ours works great as long as the batteries are fresh like others said.

Call Jayco...I bet they can help you.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 AM   #16

Thanks. Will call Jayco.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #17

Greyhawk entry door touchpad lock

Quote:

This is like the one you need. Works well, but a little pricey. Just depends on what you want.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	42457
Old 07-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #18

Really like not having to carry a key to access it at home. Use it all the time. Batteries last much longer if you use the expensive lithium ion batteries.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Really like not having to carry a key to access it at home. Use it all the tine. Batteries last much longer if you use the expensive lithium ion batteries.

I agree, but I never carry my MH keys because this is so convenient to have and use. I do keep a complete set locked away with a combo lock, so if I ever need them, they are always available. My batteries last a very long time, even with all of the use the lock gets, but for next time, I’ll try the lithium batteries, as you suggest.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
I agree, but I never carry my MH keys because this is so convenient to have and use. I do keep a complete set locked away with a combo lock, so if I ever need them, they are always available.
X2