Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #1

Greyhawk Gen Auto Start?

Hi,
Does Greyhawks come with a auto-start for the gens? Will travel with a Golden and want to make sure if shore power go's out when we're away from the Coach he will stay cool. If not, can it be added? Gotta take care of my buddy!
Thanks!

RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #2

Not listed as a standard or even an option.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

No auto generator start on Greyhawk or Redhawks. Yes, it can be added. There is another way to go. A temperature monitor you put inside the Rv that will call your cell phone if the temperature goes above or below what you preset. This will help make sure you not only have power but that the air conditioners are working.

If your over an hour away I would hide a key, get the phone number of the Rv Park office and call someone to let your dog out if problems occur. Much safer than a generator auto start.
Attached Thumbnails
47DF2F54-EE47-45C1-831E-0A79543207AA.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
No auto generator start on Greyhawk or Redhawks. Yes, it can be added. There is another way to go. A temperature monitor you put inside the Rv that will call your cell phone if the temperature goes above or below what you preset. This will help make sure you not only have power but that the air conditioners are working.

If your over an hour away I would hide a key, get the phone number of the Rv Park office and call someone to let your dog out if problems occur. Much safer than a generator auto start.
That looks like a excellent option.
He's a older rescue Golden we took in. One of the family, the Grandkids best friend also.
The only worry I have with the cell phone is what happens if you're in a area with bad cell reception? We use Consumer Cellular......they can be a real hit and miss at times.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #5

My biggest concern with an auto-start on the Greyhawk is how notoriously difficult it is to get it to start on the first or second try. I think that depends on how long it has been idle, so at a minimum, start it before you leave to make sure it is well primed and ready to go.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
My biggest concern with an auto-start on the Greyhawk is how notoriously difficult it is to get it to start on the first or second try. I think that depends on how long it has been idle, so at a minimum, start it before you leave to make sure it is well primed and ready to go.
Good advice.........Thank you.