Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #21

Greyhawk House Battery 6 month report

Okay. I have had my second 12 volt house battery for 6 months now. The set up is working well. I have not had any overnight battery run-down incidents. Admittedly the weather is warmer now so the heater runs less or not at all. But the system is working and charging nicely.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #22

I know this thread is old, I'm wondering if all Redhawk MH's come with 3 stage Progressive Dynamics converters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myflyertrains View Post
The Power Converter in my Redhawk is a 3 stage charger, which is what you need for an AGM. Mine is made by Progressive Dynamics, but i have a 2015 Redhawk, so your model could be different?

Are you sure your battery is good? Check it with a hydrometer to be sure. I could never get mine into the green, no matter how long I charged it. The voltage of the battery looked OK, just would not charge all the way up. It only takes a couple times of the battery being run all the way down to kill it. The nice thing about the AGM is it does not have to be charged as often when your RV is in storage mode, and it recharges faster.

I am happy but know that most people are not willing to pay the price for the AGM batteries which is nearly double a flooded one.

Chuck
2015 Redhawk
Winter Park, FL

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I know this thread is old, I'm wondering if all Redhawk MH's come with 3 stage Progressive Dynamics converters.
Mine did.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #24

While we are still on batteries, question for any Jayco MH owner who has a 2018 and older coach. What is the length of the slide tray where the batteries go. Is there anyway to fit 2 6V batteries in the compartment with out major reconstruction?

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:20 AM   #25

Quote:
While we are still on batteries, question for any Jayco MH owner who has a 2018 and older coach. What is the length of the slide tray where the batteries go. Is there anyway to fit 2 6V batteries in the compartment with out major reconstruction?

We have a 2016 31FK and best I can see - no. No way to get another battery, less-so a big ol' 6V in there.

I'm thinking about fashioning up some brackets to hang a couple more off the chassis frame underneath.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:30 AM   #26
CAG

Quote:

Not on my 2018 Greyhawk 29MVP.

There is a thread on here somewhere (you probably will have to search several different ways) where someone used the storage compartment right next to the battery tray to add another battery or two.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #27

FYI, I added a second battery in the compartment behind the battery tray. Beefed up the compartment to ensure it would handle the weight.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reitrof View Post
So I'm finding the 1 house battery limited in storage capacity for 10-14 days a year I boondock.

Has anyone added another battery?

Looking for ideas. Battery compartment is small, looks like 2 of the original batteries won't fit. Will 2 smaller sizes give me better capacity than 1?

Thanks.
I actually used the compartment next to it and put 4 lithium and charge controller. Has worked out well.
Ron, Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:48 AM   #29

12v trojan t1275

I removed my slide out battery tray and installed a trojan t1275 12v agm battery, had to remove rivets in battery tray and also had to install battery in tray and then slide tray back into compartment with battery in tray because battery barely fits through door. Then i had 200w solar panel added and now battery will stay charged all day on just solar, only run generator to operate air conditioner, microwave or watching tv. Battery holds overnight and never goes below 75-80% by morning and at first slightest daylight starts charging again. Waiting for batteries to improve more and then find two that will fit in same compartment, probably lithium batteries will be next.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote