Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #1

Greyhawk jack reservoir

Has anyone had there jack pump and reservoir break loose and hang by the lines? Yes indeed it can happen. After 6500 miles of bounce it broke off. Very poor design with only a lineal butt weld on extended flat steel. With thirty pounds bouncing on the end what do you think will happen. Hang it back up with two ratchet straps and headed 750 miles back home. Made it!! Jayco is going to fix and I can’t say enough good about warranty service. They have stepped up to the plate several times. Jest of post is check it out, if no bracing get it added before it happens to you!! Not a fun fix by yourself
rchlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #2

Ours is OK but several have said that the weld did not penetrate
enough.
I give it a tug every trip to check it.
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up! Something else to put on the check list.

You didn't mention the year model of your Greyhawk? I know that in the past there had been some issues like this that Jayco had corrected.

Anyway, now I will be carrying some ratchet straps just because you never know what's around the corner...
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #4

Looked at two new 30x Greyhawks on my way home from Michigan and the recall fix doesn't fit my bill. Since my 17 30x still under warranty called Jayco and they said fix it. Stepped up to the plate again. Qualified welder and extra bracing in the works. bet it won't fall off again!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Recall fix??? Please advise. Didn’t know of any recalls. What years does this recall apply?

Just want to be sure! Thanks!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

I was not notified either. Did a little search on this site and it showed. If I had known I would had it fixed and wouldn't have been laying on my back trying to fasten it up enough to get home. 71 is to old for that stuff. It's TSB #17-011.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #7

I checked that recall and it seems they corrected these defects in the later part of last year. Ours is a 2018 later build (December 2017) and this is not a problem anymore.

Not sure exactly when they started correcting at the factory but I read comments from one owner of a 2018 built in September October of 2017 that had been built with corrections for recall before delivery.

If anyone wants to check you can call Jayco with your VIN and they can tell you if yours was involved in the recall or not.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:56 PM   #8

Whatever. The two new Greyhawks setting on the lot did not look any different than what my 17 had. When my man is done, it will take all the road bounce you can give it
Old 06-06-2018, 10:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchlap View Post
Whatever. The two new Greyhawks setting on the lot did not look any different than what my 17 had. When my man is done, it will take all the road bounce you can give it
Like I said it all depends on the build date. Best to have Jayco run VIN. Later 18's and all 19's have a different mount that fixes this problem.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #10

Ours fell off on interstate in Knoxville. Didn’t here it until we got off interstate, by then a hole was in reservoir & fluid was all over our toad. Jayco was very sympathetic & will cover it under warranty.
TNNOMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #11

We were lucky! Get the bracket fix and we will be set to go. After I got the dang thing bound up to travel, tried the jacks and they worked. What yr is your mh?
Old 06-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Has anyone had there jack pump and reservoir break loose and hang by the lines? Yes indeed it can happen. After 6500 miles of bounce it broke off. Very poor design with only a lineal butt weld on extended flat steel. With thirty pounds bouncing on the end what do you think will happen. Hang it back up with two ratchet straps and headed 750 miles back home. Made it!! Jayco is going to fix and I can’t say enough good about warranty service. They have stepped up to the plate several times. Jest of post is check it out, if no bracing get it added before it happens to you!! Not a fun fix by yourself

I had mine fixed under a recall issued by Jayco. They actually changed it out for a heavier bracket. I did receive a letter from Jayco on this. If you didn't get a notification call Jayco. I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV which was built in early 2018.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:03 AM   #13

Quote:
We were lucky! Get the bracket fix and we will be set to go. After I got the dang thing bound up to travel, tried the jacks and they worked. What yr is your mh?
Our is a 2017
TNNOMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
I had mine fixed under a recall issued by Jayco. They actually changed it out for a heavier bracket. I did receive a letter from Jayco on this. If you didn't get a notification call Jayco. I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV which was built in early 2018.

What was your build date rodpod? Jayco fixed this on later builds but you mentioned yours was built in early 2018? They corrected this on 2018's built last quarter of 2017.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
What was your build date rodpod? Jayco fixed this on later builds but you mentioned yours was built in early 2018? They corrected this on 2018's built last quarter of 2017.
Not sure of the build date or where to find it. I noticed a leak on my stabilizer reservoir and that it was somewhat loose when I grabbed it. I had planned to to get it back to my dealer and in the interim I received the recall letter. I contacted Jayco and they said get it in for repair. I talked to mechanic after it was repaired and he said it was the bracket issue, and the hose had worked loose. Ever the skeptic, (trust but verify) I crawled under the rig and checked it myself. No leak beefier bracket, problem solved. On to the next problem. The things I can fix myself I do, those that I can't, at least I have a year of warranty left.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
Not sure of the build date or where to find it. I noticed a leak on my stabilizer reservoir and that it was somewhat loose when I grabbed it. I had planned to to get it back to my dealer and in the interim I received the recall letter. I contacted Jayco and they said get it in for repair. I talked to mechanic after it was repaired and he said it was the bracket issue, and the hose had worked loose. Ever the skeptic, (trust but verify) I crawled under the rig and checked it myself. No leak beefier bracket, problem solved. On to the next problem. The things I can fix myself I do, those that I can't, at least I have a year of warranty left.
Your build date is on the drivers door...you said it was a early 2018 build in your original post but I think you must have meant early 2017 build for a 2018.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #17

Maybe thye missed some!!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Maybe thye missed some!!
Maybe they missed some?

They put the stickers on the drivers door jamb. There is one from Ford showing build date and information and another one from Jayco showing coach build date and build information. I seriously doubt they missed it as it has important stuff on it.

Looks like this. My build date is in top corner.

Chassis from Ford build 09/17 Jayco coach build 11/17. 2018 model. Look and I bet you will find yours.
Attached Thumbnails
2C14AD31-9AFD-446B-8BC0-74AAC5837F5A.jpeg   8C38A281-C4F1-4B68-A847-7B5D7D76F23F.jpeg  
Old 06-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #19

Hydraulic Pump?

Can someone tell me where to look for the hydraulic pump and fluid fill in a 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV ? We are new to the Class C and learning our way around.
Thanks 🙏 n advance, Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #20

The system is mounted under the Chassis about 1 ft left of the driveshaft
It is a electric pump and a plastic reservoir. It is mounted to the drivers
side Frame rail with a L bracket that is welded to the rail .
Give it a good shake at the weld and inspect.
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote