Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #1

Greyhawk Jensen Navigation System

Was frustrated over not having a decent manual for the navigation system on the Jensen JRV2115N in our 2015 Greyhawk. After much searching I found that it is the I GO system and found the manual. For those of you wishing to get the most out of your system, here is a link:

http://www.adventproducts.com/docs/c...H1_iGO_NAV.pdf

I hope it helps.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #2

I found it rather off-putting that Naviextras.com, Jensen, or Jayco doesn't provide at least one free update to the mapping software to bring it up to date. I decided it wasn't worth using if I couldn't update it. I'm still using my after market Garmin that includes free map updates.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #3

We are going to update in the near future for a 3 month trip at the end of the year. I agree, it should have come with the latest update to start with.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Good to know I am not the only one... I took one look at the built in Nav system and quickly hung my Garmin in the window. My bride bought me the model specific to RV's last year, I still pay attention to the route, but with an increased confidence that I am not going to end up stuck on a narrow one way road with no ability to turn around.

And for me there is a second positive... They do not convert the Canadian Greyhawk dashboards to Kilometers. My GPS has a speedometer that I can set the units on so I don't have to squint at the little greyed out numbers below the miles per hour.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I found it rather off-putting that Naviextras.com, Jensen, or Jayco doesn't provide at least one free update to the mapping software to bring it up to date. I decided it wasn't worth using if I couldn't update it. I'm still using my after market Garmin that includes free map updates.
Ah.... I got a "free" update. I pulled out the micro chip and pluged it into my computer and it installed the Naviextras tool box. It took awhile as it updated all the maps on the chip. US,CA, Each state. Click where it says to check if your model get's "FREE UPDATES".

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #6

Yeah, I did the same thing with the microchip Grayhawk51 but couldn't score any free updates beyond the toolbox. They wanted $100 to update the US and any states. Perhaps I'll try it again some day if I feel the urge. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear somebody made out like they should.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 AM   #7

Hi all. In my 2015Greyhawk 31DS, I have the Clarion NX501 NAV/CD/DVD/ system and removed the "micro sd" card, used the Naviextras tool box and updated the system, which includes the map updates for free. I agree with greyhawk51, this took about an hour to update, and I know the maps got updated as it now shows the new Hwy exit near my place. I see on the Naviextras site you can buy additional maps if you want to. I believe the key to getting your free upgrades is built in to the firmware on the SD card when you register with Naviextras site. Cheers
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #8

GrayHawk51, I did it yesterday! Got the MicroSD card out and loaded into my computer with card reader I purchased at WalMart. I also had free map updates after backing up the entire card. I could have purchased additional maps, but will make do with the updates for a while until I determine if I really need to do that. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #9

I don't recall seeing a manual for the head unit at ALL in my stack of paperwork. Come to think of it.

Sure would have been nice to have, since I just learned you have to HOLD the power button for it to fully turn off. Guess who has to go to the storage unit after work today?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I just learned you have to HOLD the power button for it to fully turn off.
I've been having to use the remote power button to do that. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #11

Was finally successful in getting map updates so thanks for the heads up Grayhawk51. Opened the Naviextras toolbox and immediately had to update the toolbox. Plugged in the micro SD card, clicked and clacked around a bit and when I poked the update button it proceeded to update all states, Canada, and Puerto Rico to include maps, buildings (3D), and POIs. Now at least I can use the Jensen GPS for a backup when the Garmin decides to lunch out. The screen for the Jensen is still just a bit too far out of my line-of-site to use comfortably (that counts for the backup and side camera views also). So I'll keep using the Garmin but it's always nice to have a backup that's up to date.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #12

The Jensen unit comes with a "Latest map guarantee". The way it works is if you register the map with iGo at the website within 90 days of the first use, you can (if there is one) download the latest update for free..
You need to remove the SD card from the unit.
Go to www.naviextras.com and register.
Now download the update program for free, it is called "Naviextras toolbox"
Install toolbox on your computer. This is a map maintenance program, it allows you to do things like update, make backups of you map, and access add-on's like more poi or other things.
Now place the micro SD card into your reader (you will need an adapter or reader if you do not have one).
Start the tool box program and log in.
Down at the bottom left corner you will see it working, when you connect it will check your map for it's version, registration, etc.

***If you get the message that says the map was not shut down correctly just ignore it. This does not apply to this unit.****

Once this is done click on the UPDATES button.
Any updates that are available will be loaded on your map card for free if it is within the first 3 months of use.
Now you can click on Maps and there you can buy maps too, but there is no reason too.

If you want to watch a walk through you can see one at www.naviextras.com, look at the bottom right corner of the page and there is a link to instructions.

One thing I noticed was that the date in the registration will show 2013 or 2014, this is actually the registration/copy-write date, not your map update date. You have to click through the settings to licenses to see the actual map version you have.

The igo map also will use POI from other websites, I have added red light cameras and speed traps to mine from a 3rd party. It really isn't a bad map program but it is different from Garmin.

You can also download manuals from jensenaudio.comÂ*-Â*jensenaudio Resources and Information., look for the VX7020, this is a very similar radio. This radio actually comes from ASA which is a division that sells the Jensen branded products. You can find manuals and service here: ASA Electronics

I hope this helps. I tried to remember all the steps and hope I didn't miss something. Also ALWAYS backup your map, if something goes wrong you have to order a new Map SD card from ASA if you do not have it saved.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Good to know I am not the only one... I took one look at the built in Nav system and quickly hung my Garmin in the window. My bride bought me the model specific to RV's last year, I still pay attention to the route, but with an increased confidence that I am not going to end up stuck on a narrow one way road with no ability to turn around.

And for me there is a second positive... They do not convert the Canadian Greyhawk dashboards to Kilometers. My GPS has a speedometer that I can set the units on so I don't have to squint at the little greyed out numbers below the miles per hour.
Purchased an RV GPS from Camping World. Works great, free updates for life. Automatically changes from Miles to Kilometers when crossing the border. I like it alot ! I got mine this summer for 249.00 I see it is now 329.00.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-mcnally/77601
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #14

I have a Jensen in my 2015 Greyhawk 31FK. I find the Jensen GPS useless because in the daylight, the screen gets washed out and you can't see it from the driver seat. Still using my Garmin.
Greyhawk Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #15

Can the Jensen head unit's overall firmware/software be updated?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #16

After three trips and a total of maybe 1200 miles, I've decided to go without the Jensen nav system. My best solution so far is my iPhone using the Apple Maps software (I also have Google Maps but now that Apple has fixed most if not all the maps problems from the initial release, I like it better both for the graphics themselves and for the voice directions.) Both of those apps are also updated constantly, so there's no issue with loading update maps into a gps system. Frankly not sure why anyone would buy a GPS-only system any longer if he owns a smartphone.
northrupj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #17
T&J

Bit of a high jack on the thread, but can anyone tell me where the SD card is located on the the Jensen GPS? I have 2014 Greyhawk 31FS

Go easy on the noobs!
T&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #18

SD card is located right below the volume knob on the front of the unit.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #19

my new 29mv Jensen nav system is totally unreliable.. i resort to Maps app on my phone....the Jensen gives me incorrect data like route exits, wrong miles etc..
Where is the micro SD card at ?
I triedf factory reset and it did nothing.
Just like the Jayco Owners Manual...no pertinent information about anyithing...thank God for this forum..like the other night boondocking and no hot water..a fellow Jayco owner fixed it in no time...
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #20

I wouldn't depend on it either. I still use my Garmin. The micro SD is hidden right below the power button.