Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

Greyhawk Jensen Navigation System

Was frustrated over not having a decent manual for the navigation system on the Jensen JRV2115N in our 2015 Greyhawk. After much searching I found that it is the I GO system and found the manual. For those of you wishing to get the most out of your system, here is a link:

http://www.adventproducts.com/docs/c...H1_iGO_NAV.pdf

I hope it helps.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #2

I found it rather off-putting that Naviextras.com, Jensen, or Jayco doesn't provide at least one free update to the mapping software to bring it up to date. I decided it wasn't worth using if I couldn't update it. I'm still using my after market Garmin that includes free map updates.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #3

We are going to update in the near future for a 3 month trip at the end of the year. I agree, it should have come with the latest update to start with.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

Good to know I am not the only one... I took one look at the built in Nav system and quickly hung my Garmin in the window. My bride bought me the model specific to RV's last year, I still pay attention to the route, but with an increased confidence that I am not going to end up stuck on a narrow one way road with no ability to turn around.

And for me there is a second positive... They do not convert the Canadian Greyhawk dashboards to Kilometers. My GPS has a speedometer that I can set the units on so I don't have to squint at the little greyed out numbers below the miles per hour.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I found it rather off-putting that Naviextras.com, Jensen, or Jayco doesn't provide at least one free update to the mapping software to bring it up to date. I decided it wasn't worth using if I couldn't update it. I'm still using my after market Garmin that includes free map updates.
Ah.... I got a "free" update. I pulled out the micro chip and pluged it into my computer and it installed the Naviextras tool box. It took awhile as it updated all the maps on the chip. US,CA, Each state. Click where it says to check if your model get's "FREE UPDATES".

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #6

Yeah, I did the same thing with the microchip Grayhawk51 but couldn't score any free updates beyond the toolbox. They wanted $100 to update the US and any states. Perhaps I'll try it again some day if I feel the urge. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear somebody made out like they should.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #7

Hi all. In my 2015Greyhawk 31DS, I have the Clarion NX501 NAV/CD/DVD/ system and removed the "micro sd" card, used the Naviextras tool box and updated the system, which includes the map updates for free. I agree with greyhawk51, this took about an hour to update, and I know the maps got updated as it now shows the new Hwy exit near my place. I see on the Naviextras site you can buy additional maps if you want to. I believe the key to getting your free upgrades is built in to the firmware on the SD card when you register with Naviextras site. Cheers
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.blogspot.ca/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #8

GrayHawk51, I did it yesterday! Got the MicroSD card out and loaded into my computer with card reader I purchased at WalMart. I also had free map updates after backing up the entire card. I could have purchased additional maps, but will make do with the updates for a while until I determine if I really need to do that. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #9

I don't recall seeing a manual for the head unit at ALL in my stack of paperwork. Come to think of it.

Sure would have been nice to have, since I just learned you have to HOLD the power button for it to fully turn off. Guess who has to go to the storage unit after work today?

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I just learned you have to HOLD the power button for it to fully turn off.
I've been having to use the remote power button to do that. Thanks for the info.