Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #1

Greyhawk privacy curtain

My question is we purchased a new 2018 Greyhawk. Do they come with a privacy curtain that goes across the bunk bed behind the driver's seat? I do not know because I have not seen any. If not do they make one you can purchase one? I have googled it but must not have the correct wording for finding any. Any help would much be appreciated. I know they make the sun shields for the windows but the better half wants a curtain.
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #2
CAG

Mine did. So far we have not used it since I have a cover that goes over the windshield and side windows. It feels less "enclosed" without it. If yours did not come with it you might contact the dealer and ask why. I would not swear to it but I think it is standard. It shows on the advertisement video for the 18.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #3

Our 2018 MVP came with one. We added black out fabric behind it and due to the added weight had to swap out the Velcro attachments for buttons. Like CAG said, maybe ask the person you purchased it from where it is. If no luck its a simple thing to make.

Rob
Old 03-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #4

We have one. Basically a curtain turned sideways with a Velcro strip sewed into it
unzinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #5

Our 2018 Greyhawk 31DS also came with a curtain, it is standard equipment that should have come with your unit. Ours was inside a cabinet drawer when we took delivery.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:27 PM   #6
RPR

Ditto on the curtain. Owners manual on our 2018 describes putting curtain around inside of cab doors, behind sun visors etc. So manual is out of date.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerjk View Post
My question is we purchased a new 2018 Greyhawk. Do they come with a privacy curtain that goes across the bunk bed behind the driver's seat?

I know they make the sun shields for the windows but the better half wants a curtain.
Mine came with that same curtain, it was stuffed in a upper cabinet over the dinette. With your older model rig, the dealer probably stole yours for someone else.

But, I agree with your better half. The curtain running behind the front seats is useless. It doesn't allow you to access the front cab or the radio. In the case of my rig, my front seats swivel towards the rear, so this curtain definitely doesn't work.

I bought a curtain that's used on a 18 wheeler cab, that wraps around the inside of the windshield and hooks to the visors. It's made in a one piece curtain, or a two piece curtain. I got the two piece:

https://www.roadprobrands.com/produc...tain-dark-blue

https://www.roadprobrands.com/produc...-curtain-black
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:08 AM   #8

Yes , our came with curtains. Top bunk has one that is in a mounted track, and another one that Velcros up behind the seats, we generally only use this one when it is cold out, we too have the windshield cover.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #9

Ours came with curtain too. My primary goal is to keep heat from the cab out of the living area, and not air condition the cab area. It doesn't do much on its own, but we put a "mask" across the windshield, and if we put the little curtain up, it helps just a little more. I've found that layers are helpful. By itself, the little curtain is completely useless except for maybe some privacy if we don't have the mask on. But in addition to a few other things it helps.

The head unit in our Greyhawk has a detachable face, so basically once we're parked, I can detach the face and it becomes a remote for the sound system. Or I can control it with my phone. So mostly once we're parked, there's no need to access the cab.

Long term goal is to insulate it, kind of like a blanket. But that's pretty far down on the mods list at this point...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote