Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #1

Angry Greyhawk theatre seat recliners

In our 2021 Greyhawk 29MV our theatre seat recliners are very comfortable to sit on. However, after pushing into a reclining position, they immediately revert back to sitting position when I relax. Does this happen to anyone else?

(Our dealer says they are working as designed!)

Thanks to all!!
bbhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:32 AM   #2

No, that makes no sense if they revert back without extra effort. Ours takes an extra push with your legs to get them to close. I can lay down sideways on them and they stay open.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:57 AM   #3

I have a 2022 Entegra and the theater do the same thing. We dislike them and are looking at replacement options.
Morris E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:37 AM   #4

UPDATE: This is the response I received from Jayco Customer Service:

"The manufacture of the seats are Lippert components and the recliners do not have a retention on the seat so if pressure in the reclined position is decreased the chair will revert back to a seated position. So the recliners are working as designed.
Thank you,

Erish Edmisten
Customer Service Supervisor"

Guess I'll take some time to question Lippert components. Probably another dead end as far as being a satisfied customer, but at least they'll know my point of view.

Thanks!!
bbhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdman11 View Post
No, that makes no sense if they revert back without extra effort. Ours takes an extra push with your legs to get them to close. I can lay down sideways on them and they stay open.
Same here, 2022 Entegra. In fact that extra push is sometimes annoying.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:50 PM   #6

We are looking at installing theater seating in our Jayco Greyhawk. Received this link from RvOne dealer in Ocala Fl. Said it was a very reputable company.

https://www.braddandhall.com/Product...c/custPref.asp

Bob
AKair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:52 PM   #7

Forgot link

AKair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #8

I have the Stacey Stewart theater seats and I find it difficult sometimes to get them to go back to the the upright position.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:26 AM   #9

I purchased Lambright recliners from Braddanhall 5 years ago- great service, and great chairs-
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #10

Replaced original sofa with trifold sofa, didn't like that one, so installed Recpro Charles 58” powered double rv wall hugger recliner sofa loveseat in cloth. Very comfortable loveseats and can install 4" from the wall. They accomplish an almost flat recline by sliding forward as they recline. On the 29MV slide, they require the addition of a plywood platform to extend the slide a bit. Expensive, but well worth it. Total cost of sofa and install came to around $2200.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKair View Post
We are looking at installing theater seating in our Jayco Greyhawk. Received this link from RvOne dealer in Ocala Fl. Said it was a very reputable company.

Bob
Like these types of seats when going to a movie...if I don't like the movie, I can sleep!

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:02 PM   #12

I had the same experience with my 29mv. I replaced the recliners with these:
https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...a-rv-loveseat/

Perfect fit and very comfortable.
ipoz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:55 PM   #13
VJA

I also noticed that they will not lock in the upright, leg extended position. Does anyone know if this is by design.
VJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 06:56 PM   #14

Reviving an old thread.

When we bought our 2023 Greyhawk, we paid extra to have the jackknife sofa replaced with theater seating. We did not specify what brand or have a chance to test sit what would be installed. It was whatever Jayco was supplying, and it matched the interior.

With the Jayco theater seating, I noticed the same problem as the OP. It was hard to stay reclined. Our last TT had Thomas Payne theater seating that DIDN'T have this issue. I placed a 1" block under the front of Jayco chairs and it helped.

This March we took an 18 day trip and by the end we decided that the Jayco seats weren't that comfortable. If we could just have seats like our old Thomas Payne seating, we'd be happy.

During our search more comfortable seating, we stopped at two different Camping World's, and several local RV dealers. Only Camping World had anything in stock. To aid the search process, I removed the existing theater seating. I looked at several variations including multiple lawn chairs, and small recliners at the several furniture stores. Unfortunately, I was not successful with a low cost alternative.

At the second Camping World, we were fortunate to find some Thomas Payne theater seating that matched our interior and we bought it. It was also noticeably more comfortable than what we had or anything we tried.

Some of the things we learned;
1) There's a big variation in comfort. You need to test sit before you buy.
2) It seems manufacturers have different levels of quality/comfort, and you get what you pay for. At one Camping World, they had two different Euro style swivel recliners on display. One was $30 more expensive. Sitting in them back to back, it was easy to feel the difference.
3)Camping Worlds inventory is limited to what was on display. If we liked at particular piece of floor model furniture, we weren't able to order a new one. It looks like they buy up "leftover" production.
4)Residential furniture like Lazy Boy or Flexsteel is very comfortable, but even the smallest pieces seemed to be an inch or two bigger here or there. So measure carefully how much clearance is needed from the wall to recline and how far to they stretch out when fully extended.
5)Keep in mind what size door you have and how far does the furniture disassemble to get inside your unit.
6) My wife is not afraid to spend money if it makes life more comfortable
LukeDagny is offline   Reply With Quote