Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #1

Greyhawk water pump

I have a new 2014 Greyhawk 32DS and tried to use the water pump for the first time today. I tried drawing water from a bucket with the utility center set for country fill. The water pump turns on and sounds like it is trying to pump, but it does not pump water from the bucket with intake hose. Am I doing something wrong or missing a valve or switch to get it pump water?
kevin5203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #2

If you have a winterizing hose, you may need to close that valve, and open the valve that bypass the pump from the tank.

In this pic you can see two valves, one for the clear plastic hose, which is where you draw antifreeze from the jug when you winterize. The 2nd valve is on the main line to the fresh water tank.

In this pic the valves are in normal position.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #3

Thanks, I will check again on Monday when I'm at the storage lot. The utility center has settings for winterize and sanitize, so it may not have a separate winterizing hose. I will check.
Attached Thumbnails
utility center.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #4

you need to be set on country fill be sure the hose is on the right connection, I would suggest filling all your pipes with water by using the city connection, I have a 2011 water heater if you have one as well. your pic is to small to read so I can't tell if that part is right. you said you haven't used the water yet so you may just have so much air the pump can' prime. I have a 2011 and there are no valves on mine except at the manifold for the water. your pic. Also be sure your low drains are closed. I have 3, one outside on drivers side and two in a storage compartment on the passenger side. Be sure the water heater is closed as well.
greyhawk885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #5

Ok, thanks, I will check your suggestions. It is set for country fill and it has a tankless water heater, and the hose is on the city water connection. I just read in the Jayco manual to raise the bucket two feet above the ground to assist the siphoning process. And if the water pump fails to self-prime, it says to temporarily open the low-point drains till water flows out them, then close them. I will try all this on Monday. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #6

There is no winterizing hose. A short hose was included to siphon antifreeze through the city water connection, found it in a drawer. Tried the manual's suggestion of raising the bucket when on country fill to assist siphoning from a bucket and that worked. The pump was having difficulty self-priming with the system completely dry. There is no water available at the storage facility and I wanted to test the water pump before taking it on the road. However, tomorrow I will drive the Greyhawk to my house to fill it with water and do the sanitizing procedure.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5203 View Post
There is no winterizing hose. A short hose was included to siphon antifreeze through the city water connection, found it in a drawer.
This short hose you describe is the winterizing hose. It is also the hose you can use for "country fill" and or "sanitize". From the way it sounds to me you are on are on the right track. water lines filled with water should alleviate the priming issues you are having. Keep at it!!!