Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 10:14 AM   #1

Hand rolling in the Greyhawk?

No, not that kind of rolling! For some reason, the pull down shade over our dinette window has never worked properly. We dropped it of after a month at the dealer in Ft. Worth with several minor issues to correct and when picked up, it was checked off as having been 'tightened'.

Still never goes back up when trying to close it and you have to give a slight tug and then roll it upwards by hand, tediously I might add. If you leave it rolled up all the way, with just the weight bar showing, by the time you have driven just a few miles, it has unrolled itself, dropping down and covering the window again.

Taken to using a double sided piece of Velcro wrapped around it to keep it contained but just wondering if anyone has removed the facade around the window and tried replacing the roll shade with mini blinds or cellular shades.

Is there room for mounting something else? Really tired of this minor annoyance.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
No, not that kind of rolling! For some reason, the pull down shade over our dinette window has never worked properly. We dropped it of after a month at the dealer in Ft. Worth with several minor issues to correct and when picked up, it was checked off as having been 'tightened'.

Still never goes back up when trying to close it and you have to give a slight tug and then roll it upwards by hand, tediously I might add. If you leave it rolled up all the way, with just the weight bar showing, by the time you have driven just a few miles, it has unrolled itself, dropping down and covering the window again.

Taken to using a double sided piece of Velcro wrapped around it to keep it contained but just wondering if anyone has removed the facade around the window and tried replacing the roll shade with mini blinds or cellular shades.

Is there room for mounting something else? Really tired of this minor annoyance.

There are two adjusters on the shades. They are located at either end of the roll and can be turned to adjust both spring tension and where it stops when released in the upward position. You need to look under the valence if you have one and locate the dials. One is black and the other different color (I can’t remember the colors exactly). Turn the dials and make your adjustments the way you want them to be. Hope this helps.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Site Team

Many have tired of adjusting them and replaces with all manner of window coverings from mini blinds to shades to other offerings.

usually it is a fine line between to loose and to tight. You can keep them just right with experience.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #4

And there right away i was windering what are you rolling ? :-)-
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgibbster View Post
And there right away i was windering what are you rolling ? :-)-

If it’s what you are eluding to, it wouldn’t matter if it was rolled a little loose or tight !! Just saying.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #6

If your shades are like mine, they're MCD brand.
MCD is in McKinney.

If I still lived in the mid-cities, I'd just drive over to their shop.