Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2017, 06:07 AM   #1

Hand Written VOID

Just took the RV out of storage for the first time in two weeks, noticed it was quite dirty and was contemplating a wash. Before I committed, I walked around inspecting for damage from the storage facility. Nothing significant was found, except this washed out note that I cannot for the life of me understand what it may mean. See attached image that shows a handwritten note that says "VOID" with an arrow pointing to a corner of the slide. We have a 31 FS, and this is the slide with the bunks and ward. I cannot find this note written anywhere else on the rig. Anyone have an idea what it means?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6680.jpg   IMG_6683.jpg  
hussieskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #2

void usually means rejected? Or someone joking with a pencil, air space behind panel after it was made
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussieskunk View Post
Just took the RV out of storage for the first time in two weeks, noticed it was quite dirty and was contemplating a wash. Before I committed, I walked around inspecting for damage from the storage facility. Nothing significant was found, except this washed out note that I cannot for the life of me understand what it may mean. See attached image that shows a handwritten note that says "VOID" with an arrow pointing to a corner of the slide. We have a 31 FS, and this is the slide with the bunks and ward. I cannot find this note written anywhere else on the rig. Anyone have an idea what it means?
I wonder if someone saw a gap, or missing caulk and wanted you to know about it.

At the same time the note could have been randomly just placed there.

No matter what it is always well worth looking for gaps and cracks in the caulking.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #4

Thanks che57vy and Jagiven. I looked at the caulking and seals in the area and could not see anything that would make me suspect a defect. Behind that portion of the slide face is a void where the bunks don't quite reach the end of the slide... Coincidentally, we had a leak through the bottom part of this slide... I don't think that they are connected, but I am a little apprehensive until I can understand the meaning of this note. I do not see it on the other slide, which also happens to have voids on the interior...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #5

My "guess" -- and that's all it really is -- is that it's referring to a deficiency that was subsequently repaired. A bad caulking job that was caught during final inspection, for example, and the void indicator wasn't totally removed after the repair.

When I worked in manufacturing, anything that wasn't up to snuff was indicated with a red tag and the letters NFG, meaning No Freaking Good (to put it politely).
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #6

I'll admit that was my thought too. We had both of our houses stick built and "notes" from the supervisor to the crew were scrawled all over. On the framing, on the wallboard.

My first thought was it was the supervisor or QC saying "Hey, there's a gap here that needs filling..."
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #7

Update: Spoke with Jayco, they insist it is not something they do at the factory or at any point int he constructions cycle. Spoke with my dealer, they insist that they do not write with anything on the vehicles on their lot.

Guess I'm stuck with it. Now to figure out how to remove it without damaging the finish.