Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #1

Happy With Jayco Dealer

We have some warranty issues in our new Greyhawk. We purchased it from a dealer 220 miles from home and rather than drive that distance, were trying to set up appointment with Jayco dealer only 20 miles from home. Didn't buy the Greyhawk there because they did not have motorhome inventory, only sell trailers. But they are a Jayco dealer and authorized to work on the warranty issues on the Greyhawk.

When setting up appointment with this local dealer, they told me that, since I didn't buy the RV from them, I would have to pay for the work up front and that they would reimburse me when Jayco pays them. They said that this is because Jayco does not pay them promptly for their warranty work.

I called the Sales Manager at the dealership where I bought the Greyhawk and he was appalled at the way the other dealer was handling Warranty issues with Jayco customers. I told him that I was going to bring the Greyhawk the 220 miles back to his dealership to have all issues corrected. He was happy to welcome me back and is even going to pay for our gas to bring it back.

Great customer service from this dealership! Will never recommend the local Jayco dealer to anyone. I will travel the extra mileage for great service!

There, I'm done ranting.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Team

Good customer service trumps closeness every time.

I would not want anyone working on my rig that I did not trust.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

Thumbs up to that norty1
Old 04-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

I agree that costumer services is the most important piece when buying. I am lucky my local dealer provides great service to all...I bought local because of the dealer.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #5

Factory Service Center

Hi,

How far are you from Middlebury Indiana? Our dealer is only about about 45 minutes away, but we decided to take the Redhawk to the factory service center and have the work done there. It's about an 8 hour drive for us, so we took 5 days and made a vacation of it.

There is an amazing amount of things to see and do in the area (we loved the RV museum) and some awesome restaurants! The way that the factory folks treat the Jayco customers is BEYOND WONDERFUL. They bend over backwards to help, and even fixed some stuff that we didn't know was wrong.

They are truly great people, and do an amazing job. We took the Jayco factory tours, visited the visitor center, and ate ourselves silly. We also spent a full day at the Shippsawana Flea Market (one of the biggest in the country).

If you get the chance, it's a great trip, and your unit will be repaired to perfection.

Have fun and be safe!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:05 AM   #6

Thank you The Logans. We will keep this in mind if our travels bring us down that way. Probably close to an 8 hour drive for us also.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #7

I would also like to note that the Jayco Dealer we are very happy with is Link RV in Minong, WI. Great people to work with.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMike View Post
I would also like to note that the Jayco Dealer we are very happy with is Link RV in Minong, WI. Great people to work with.
We purchased our previous Jayco TT from them, only 40 miles away from us. They offered us good service, and persevered through a very tough electric brake problem on our trailer in a very timely manner. We purchased our new Starcraft from their Rice Lake location, so far not so good there.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMike View Post
We have some warranty issues in our new Greyhawk. We purchased it from a dealer 220 miles from home and rather than drive that distance, were trying to set up appointment with Jayco dealer only 20 miles from home. Didn't buy the Greyhawk there because they did not have motorhome inventory, only sell trailers. But they are a Jayco dealer and authorized to work on the warranty issues on the Greyhawk.

When setting up appointment with this local dealer, they told me that, since I didn't buy the RV from them, I would have to pay for the work up front and that they would reimburse me when Jayco pays them. They said that this is because Jayco does not pay them promptly for their warranty work.

I called the Sales Manager at the dealership where I bought the Greyhawk and he was appalled at the way the other dealer was handling Warranty issues with Jayco customers. I told him that I was going to bring the Greyhawk the 220 miles back to his dealership to have all issues corrected. He was happy to welcome me back and is even going to pay for our gas to bring it back.

Great customer service from this dealership! Will never recommend the local Jayco dealer to anyone. I will travel the extra mileage for great service!

There, I'm done ranting.
Wow.... Did I not just rant about my similar situation in Las Vegas ? I bought my 2015 in Riverside California (479 miles away) and wanted to make a local connection with the local Jayco Dealer in Vegas.. NOPE ! Basically was told we don't have time for anyone who didn't purchase from us!
So, like you, I drove the 479 miles and had the warranty work completed in 1 day ! (Had several items to fix, adjust, repair, replace). Am very happy with Richardson's RV.

But here's the question..... Is Jayco aware of the attitude of their franchises ? Or is it that they don't care ?

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
Site Team

There are some unknowns about the arrangement between Jayco and the dealers.

I do know that is is not like a automobile dealer- manufacturer relationship.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #11

I would not want a dealer that did not sell motorhomes to work on mine anyway.. I know it is mostly the same stuff but still....
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #12
WDW

In our region

We are thrilled with Buffalo RV / RV one - if you live in WNY they have dedicated service managers by county and the most of the techs are on the road in equipped vans. In our case our assigned tech lives aboutb20 miles from us. The have been awesome! Having a dedicated tech and individual service manager is is a pretty cool business model. Better than dropping the MH off to just set till they get to it.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #13

JulieMike, I think we went to that dealer in central WI to look at a new Pinnacle. He was pretty rude when talking about how he "deals with" people who buy their Jayco RVs elsewhere and then ask him to do warranty service on them.

We walked out and bought from someone else.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #14

After hearing all this I must say I sure am happy that i had such a good experience with my local dealership! GNR camping world in Winnipeg was great, from the sales staff to the parts manager to the guy who did my walk thru. My only complaint was that they talked me into a bigger trailer then I should be pulling with my truck, now the wife's pissed that i'm truck shopping!!
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #15

So kid, you're saying the salesman lied to you?

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #16

No, I'm still not over on my weight but I'd like to not be so close to the limit.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #17

Being my first travel trailer I didn't realize how much different it would handle to the dump trailer I pull. I figured I wasn't a big deal because I had no problem pulling the dump trailer with 9k lbs but a travel trailer is an entire dig animal. I'm sure I'll get used to it but still makes me nervous.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #18

* it wasn't a big deal
I know I'm not a big deal!!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:07 AM   #19

Not real happy with our closest dealer. He is about a half hour from home and within an hour from the manufacturer. They were great when we bought a used unit but a year later when we wanted to buy new, they dropped the ball. Salesman was a jerk! I didn't go back for about a year then had some issues I wanted warenty to take care of. We told the service manager and parts manager our problems when buying. The owner was out that day so I couldn't talk to him. I thought he'd call or something but haven't heard a thing from him.
Djherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #20

Kid, that is how my husband got a new truck also! I think it was all part of his plan, though.

As for buying from our local dealer...we have used the same sales guy twice now and he has been good to work with. We were just shopping around to "make sure" we were getting a good price. After our experience in central WI we couldn't wait to get back to our local dealer.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote