Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #1

Heater Duct??

Can anyone tell me where this duct pipe should be venting to on a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV? It’s under the stove behind the grill. It was laying face down in the cabinet not pointing out. Should it be fastened he hind the grill or flowing under the refrigerator?
Thanks, Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
6E029556-98DA-40D4-8558-F7D19109F8B9.jpg   5BCFD674-A647-4981-9FFB-97EEEF1A27E1.jpg  
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #2

The duct for the kitchen sink heater is connected to the left side of the heater plenum under the refrigerator, you will need to remove the grill to see it
Attached Thumbnails
duct.JPG  
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #3

There are two heat duct pipes from the main heater under the stove. One goes left to the vent under the sink, and the other to the right going to the bath.

I had to fix my 'left' one. Previous owner did not like the on-demand HWT, so had it replaced with a std 6 gal unit. When that was shoved into the space (from outside), it caused the duct pipe to be pulled away from the heater.

Looks like the round piece in your hand is the connector that attaches to the heater box.

I had to buy a 6" piece of 3" diameter aluminum tubing, another piece of insulated pipe, and three large clamps. Put everything back together so that now I have heat to the living room area.
Dave T WA State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidmac View Post
The duct for the kitchen sink heater is connected to the left side of the heater plenum under the refrigerator, you will need to remove the grill to see it
Davidmac that open end in my pictures was just laying on the floor behind the grill under the stove. It is connected to the heater element and I think it is the return to pull in the air. I thought it should have bee mounted to something behind the grill but I guess Jayco just lays it in there. Strange way to build things.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #5

Dave, I’ll have to investigate that pipe a little further I guess. I thought it was a return pipe to the heater then out the floor grill under the sink cabinet. One more thing for my list. Thanks for the help. Jimmyd
Old 09-20-2018, 11:18 AM   #6

Davidmac, you were correct. The duct hose needed to go through to the next cabinet and be spun into the heater fitting.
We won’t need it for a while as it is 94 here in Vidalia, Ms. today.
Thanks for your help. Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
F1B18CE0-7129-4CF2-8352-DEA73A383C54.jpg   56FE448F-99B8-4AE3-8168-98E007FCC220.jpg