Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #21

Hello Jagiven. We do not supply that part to Jayco, so it could be that they purchased this directly from Dura aftermarket or it may not be our part.
RamcoCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:02 PM   #22

Just another 1 cent on the side mirrors/cameras;
2018 Greyhawk 31FS
1) The camera in the mirror must have some secondary lens on it. When the dew point hits, its always fogged up and you can't see anything. Happens on both sides. Like many have said, I use my eyes so I don't bother getting them fixed, if they could be. If they integrated to the radio better I might use it. Others have stated the same thing and there is a thread on it if searched. I'd have to assume the camera is sealed or it would have broken by this time and a second lens over the camera lens is not which is where the moisture buildup occurs.
2) Whistling when ~50mph+ from the mirrors. Doesn't bother me too much as its already so loud in the front at that speed, but something to check out. There's a thread on that one too.
3) The locks on the outside faucet/shower heads I would assume are not stainless steel and always corrode. If its going to be for outside, shouldn't it be made with material that won't corrode?

Anything else you could advise on you do provide to Jayco? I'm sure you'll get some opinions about specific parts if we knew what was provided.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:22 AM   #23

The Melbourne 24K doesn't have a heat vent in the bathroom...does have an AC vent. We have to prop the door open, especially at night, to make it warm in there. Without the door prop, it can be like a deep freeze during cold nights. We feel Jayco thought of just about everything in our unit, but this has been a real issue with us. Nice to be able to "vent".
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
Just another 1 cent on the side mirrors/cameras;
2018 Greyhawk 31FS
1) The camera in the mirror must have some secondary lens on it. When the dew point hits, its always fogged up and you can't see anything. Happens on both sides. Like many have said, I use my eyes so I don't bother getting them fixed, if they could be. If they integrated to the radio better I might use it. Others have stated the same thing and there is a thread on it if searched. I'd have to assume the camera is sealed or it would have broken by this time and a second lens over the camera lens is not which is where the moisture buildup occurs.
2) Whistling when ~50mph+ from the mirrors. Doesn't bother me too much as its already so loud in the front at that speed, but something to check out. There's a thread on that one too.
3) The locks on the outside faucet/shower heads I would assume are not stainless steel and always corrode. If its going to be for outside, shouldn't it be made with material that won't corrode?

Anything else you could advise on you do provide to Jayco? I'm sure you'll get some opinions about specific parts if we knew what was provided.

With the way that Jayco submits their order, I can't tell which products are installed on specific units as we supply mirrors, faucets and TV brackets to different plants.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #25

HI David
Happy Ramco customer here!!
Had a mirror accident and Jayco offered up a $700 replacement
that would not match left side.
When I found Ramco as supplier a call solved glass
replacement and how to install.
Saved us more that $650!!
Thanks
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:21 AM   #26

@katiedog

Glad to hear that! You can always reach out to us directly for assistance as well!

Tags
1350 series, 1750 series, class a, class c, mirror