Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #1

Hellwig Springs

I've had my 31SS Greyhawk for years. I've installed a 30 gallon water tank behind the fuel tank . I travel full of fuel and water . I spend my time at race tracks so I carry a lot of water all the time. I have upgraded to the Bilstein shocks same as jride. I read the 20 page thread and decided I should adjust mine. I only went to 3 inches and it road like a tank. I've adjusted it back to were it was . 4 inches front 3 inches back I believe they were set correct by the factory . Don't believe everything you read in forums .
moonraker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

Well technically you installed something that wasn't engineered by the manufacturer or taken into account by the chassis stretcher or factored in by Hellwig. So the extra ~240 pounds you added in addition to your normal carrying weight is a big game changer for rigs that typically travel close to GVWR to begin with. If you also have your native tank full, its probably a safe assumption that your rig is quite heavy going down the road.

I would have been happy for you if the adjustment helped you, but I can't say I'm surprised that you ended up with an experience contrary to the majority.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #3

I think why it didn't work for me is I don't have the big garage like the new ones have.
moonraker1 is offline   Reply With Quote