Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #1

Help with dead radio

Wife is headed out with the kids tomorrow, and when we ot the RV out of storage we noticed there is no power to the radio. Screen is dark, no back up cameras etc. all looks well, fuses check out. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
YouTube - PaleoHikerMD
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #2

If I'm not mistaken there is a fuse for the radio and auto stairs in the back of the battery compartment.
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

House Power

Was your coach power switched on at the time? I know when my coach power is off it impacts how the radio functions, turning off the ignition shuts the radio right down and I have to turn it back on when I restart the vehicle. When the coach is powered the radio stays on even with the ignition off.

I am sure doing that requires some funky wiring...

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #4

DocHarvick, Here is a recent post from me. Looks like the same problem I had:

Recently had the entire Jensen entertainment system go out in our 2015 Greyhawk. We turned it on to remove a dvd and quickly turned it off then nothing would work. Cameras, radio, navigation, etc. Called dealership service tech who told me to check fuses in converter under the bed. All fuses were good. He told me if fuses were good there to check fuses in driver compartment under dash. He said if that wasn't the problem it's probably the inline fuse behind the radio which meant the radio would have to be pulled to check it. Well, the fuses in driver compartment were good.

As a last ditch effort I searched the forum and found that someone with a Seneca (sorry but I can't remember who and could not relocate the post) had to do similar troubleshooting and spoke of a 5amp and 7.5amp fuse at the coach battery ground relay located behind the battery in the slide tray compartment. I located those and pulled and checked them. They were both good, BUT when I putted the fuses back in place everything worked again! Turns out that the unit was somehow froze and had to be rebooted. Didn't have to pull the radio!

Just so you all know, there are fuses behind the coach battery.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

Under the volume knob, there is a tiny hole for a reset. Press and hold that and it should come back to life.
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:49 AM   #6

Mine also quit once. A 7.5 amp fuse behind the battery was corroded. Replaced, dielectric grease and all has been fine since.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #7

Just an update. I checked all related fuses again, none were bad but I removed them and simply re-inserted them. I believe the 7.5 behind the batter may have been a bit loose. Still...nothing. Then I decided to do what I do with all electronics, essentially restart it. I disconnected shore power, flipped the main power shut off switch, and locked all the doors with the remote. Waited 2 minutes, turned on the power shut off, connected shore power, and bingo, all set and functional. Think the 7.5 breaker was out a bit, and once I disconnected all and reconnected it, I was in business. Thanks for the input guys!
YouTube - PaleoHikerMD
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertles View Post
Mine also quit once. A 7.5 amp fuse behind the battery was corroded. Replaced, dielectric grease and all has been fine since.
Same exact problem happened to me with my 2011 Greyhawk FK. Good idea on the dielectric grease. I'll have to try that.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #9

Same problem on my 2012 Greyhawk. Fuse behind the house battery was the problem.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote