Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 10:19 PM   #1

Help with Hanook Tire pressure

Ok I called their customer service number to get a tire pressure chart for different weights. Well guess what they told me they do not have one. So how can you put the correct air pressure in your tires. They told me to run what is on the plate inside the door. Which is the same as on the tires 80lbs. I have read you get a better ride if they are inflated correctly. Sounds like they want you to go out and purchase other brand of tires. Anyone have an idea where or if a chart is available? Thanks for the help.
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerjk View Post
Ok I called their customer service number to get a tire pressure chart for different weights. Well guess what they told me they do not have one. So how can you put the correct air pressure in your tires. They told me to run what is on the plate inside the door. Which is the same as on the tires 80lbs. I have read you get a better ride if they are inflated correctly. Sounds like they want you to go out and purchase other brand of tires. Anyone have an idea where or if a chart is available? Thanks for the help.

I have a 2017 GreyHawk 29W and run my tires with 80 lbs in the rear and 75 in the front. I find the front way too rough at 80 lbs. I don’t have Hankook tires and have Michelin, but that really won’t make a difference. My door sticker says 80 lbs also.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #3

I have a 2020 Greyhawk 31FP. I also run 80 in the rear and 75 in the front Works good and gives a good ride. The 31FP is at max weight.
Smitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty814 View Post
I have a 2020 Greyhawk 31FP. I also run 80 in the rear and 75 in the front Works good and gives a good ride.
I run those same pressures on my rig, give or take a pound. The plate on the door says run those pressures, so I'm not going to screw around guessing at something else.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #5

Thanks for the information
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #6

I have a 2020 Greyhawk 30Z and my tires are Hancock also with max pressure of 80. The door says 75 front, 80 rear. One thing right off the bat is just how close to GVWR the Greyhawk is out of the factory door. In my case, 13122, 1378 shy of GVWR of 14500. So throw in the wife and me, some cargo and some freshwater and before you know it your near GVWR.

What really got me looking at this is all the information out there about adjusting pressure to better meet your load. That assumes you have more margin between load and max tire pressure.

The point here is that for my Greyhawk and my load, I’m very near GVWR already, so 80 in the rear is the right pressure as recommended. No room for tinkering. As for a hancook pressure chart, I found one at tirepsi.com.

One note: I am heading to a cat scale soon to make sure I’m not over GVWR. With only 1378 lbs of cargo margin including the wife and me, it seems prudent to know.
Attached Thumbnails
B12EB5D1-7A74-404D-9AA3-6EB313EC76F2.jpg   BCA4C0D7-0B7F-442B-8DE4-24C9CC80652F.jpg   D2BB5DFC-9B33-460F-95FF-1712FCFD36F3.jpg   AF13A551-DCD3-4E93-99B4-1BAD7A31A577.jpg   16A6757E-7C24-43A5-9819-360F3E0873A4.jpg  

51A0598D-84D9-4C3C-B1A0-987EDB3C58B1.jpg   6B162CA0-76AD-473B-AD24-10533A5FD4DC.jpg  
belisba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #7

Ride Comfort

Hi, I just brought home our new, and first, Jayco Redhawk 31F. I had a 140 mile trip home and had a question regarding ride comfort and tire pressure. The tire pressure was set per the door chart and it was not the softest ride. I am wondering if that is because there is nothing in it and I was the only person on board. After we load it and the family and dogs are on board will the ride smooth out a bit or do I need to drop the tire pressure? Thanks!
dljwbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dljwbj View Post
Hi, I just brought home our new, and first, Jayco Redhawk 31F. I had a 140 mile trip home and had a question regarding ride comfort and tire pressure. The tire pressure was set per the door chart and it was not the softest ride. I am wondering if that is because there is nothing in it and I was the only person on board. After we load it and the family and dogs are on board will the ride smooth out a bit or do I need to drop the tire pressure? Thanks!

Use your own pressure gauge and make sure the pressures are what you think they should be. If it was the dealer who filled them, I would most definitely check them for myself. I run 75 in the front and 80 in the rear, and find that this is the best for me. I have a 29W GreyHawk and this is what is on the door sticker that Jayco put on the unit.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #9

See my earlier post. You may have a yellow sticker showing your weight at delivery with a full tank of gas and a full tank of propane. The difference between that weight and your GVWR will show you how much margin you have to load up your family, supplies, and dog. In my case, I’m right at GVWR when loaded., so I use 75 PSI front, 80 PSI rear as recommended on the door. 80 PSI happens to also be the tire’s max pressure rating. For my Greyhawk 30z, I really have no room to run anything less than 80 PSI on the back because I’m at GVWR. In all however, weigh your vehicle at a cat scale to be sure you know your GAWR to help dial in a safe load.
belisba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by belisba View Post
So throw in the wife and me, some cargo and some freshwater and before you know it your near GVWR.

Yeah, in our 31FK there's so little left over. It's silly.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dljwbj View Post
I experiencing the same thing when bringing my rig home empty. Once you get it filled with gear, gas, water and people, that weight will calm it down and it will ride better.

Then you'll be onto making the necessary suspension upgrades to make it ride better.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #12

Thanks for all the responses, I know I have a lot to learn.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:38 AM   #13

One thing to note with the weight carrying ability in that chart. That is the weight for a single mounted tire. Weight rating at a particular PSI is lower when used as a dually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belisba View Post
I have a 2020 Greyhawk 30Z and my tires are Hancock also with max pressure of 80. The door says 75 front, 80 rear. One thing right off the bat is just how close to GVWR the Greyhawk is out of the factory door. In my case, 13122, 1378 shy of GVWR of 14500. So throw in the wife and me, some cargo and some freshwater and before you know it your near GVWR.

What really got me looking at this is all the information out there about adjusting pressure to better meet your load. That assumes you have more margin between load and max tire pressure.

The point here is that for my Greyhawk and my load, I’m very near GVWR already, so 80 in the rear is the right pressure as recommended. No room for tinkering. As for a hancook pressure chart, I found one at tirepsi.com.

One note: I am heading to a cat scale soon to make sure I’m not over GVWR. With only 1378 lbs of cargo margin including the wife and me, it seems prudent to know.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #14

Weight

If you buy a large Class C, 30' and over, there is very little Cargo carrying capacity. We are all close to max, or overweight. My 31FP has 347lbs of cargo carrying with a full tank of fuel. Add water, wife and I, 2 kids, we are over. Nothing I can do about it. Get a good tire pressure monitoring system, keep a good eye on your tires, drive smart and you'll be fine. To be honest, this is the best riding RV we've ever owned, including a big Class A.
Smitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #15

Thanks!