Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #1

Horrible experience with jayco greyhawk product as well as customer care

We were very excited to be purchasing a new Jayco Greyhawk 31FK. We took delivery of the unit in mid June. Prior to taking delivery we noticed a vibration while driving down the road. I advised the dealer, they stated it would be fixed before closing. At closing they reassured us it was fixed. I should have known better then to trust the dealership. On my way home the unit was shaking again. I also made a punch list and brought it back to the shop 2 days later, they had the unit for a week. At that time we were 10 days from a 3k mile trip. I get a call the day before we are set to leave. They stated that they had attempted to fix it, but the issue was still there, they needed more time to diagnose. I took the brand new 70k $ RV on the trip with this issue. During this trip, the dvd dash player went out, cabinet doors fell off, the A/C stopped cooling, .... When we got back I took it back to service, they had it for 2 weeks, and knew i had another trip planned. They stated that they needed to send the drive shaft to TN to have it balanced and that they would have the motorhome for 2-3 weeks. So after 2 trips to service already, we go on our weekend trip and still the motorhome isnt running properly, The AC still isnt cooling the unit properly, the same cabinet doors that had fallen off, fell off again. By this point, I am so disastidfied with this product!!!! I take it in for the drive shaft issue after our mini trip. They have had the unit for 6 weeks now. I have had my motorhome in my possession for a total of 20 days since ownership in mid june..... I contacted Jayco over a week ago, the information gathered by Jayco was the same i have been receiving from the dealer. The part isnt ready..... I am furious and weighing towards trading this motorhome for another manufacturer.

I am highly disappointed by the customer care received from JAYCO! They do not care about the issue, and did nothing to rectify it !!!
Divers2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #2

There is a Lemon Law for RVs....see about getting your money back.

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/lemon-rv.htm
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #3

Not sure what state you are in, but you may have lemon law support for the running gear/chasis components. In California, motorhomes are covered under the lemon law if the issues are related to chasis/running grear. Sounds like the vibration you described is chassis related and they have had 2 chances to fix it...the may be about of strikes before they have no choice but refund you money.

Unfortunately the law doesn't apply to items in the living area; so the AC, cabinets, etc don't apply. Surprised those items aren't bing repaired with no question. Maybe you need to find a new dealer.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #4

Where are you located? The drive shaft is modified when they stretch the chassis and usually that work is done by Mor-Ryde. If you are close enough to the factory I would call and take it back there. Which a/c are you having trouble with, the chassis or the coach? If it's the chassis that is a FORD issue and if it's the coach that is probably COLEMAN which your dealer should have no problem getting repaired/replaced. If you are waiting for a door from JAYCO they may be waiting for it to come in. They are like many other companies and don't keep alot of spare cabinet doors etc in stock, especially if they have made an interior color or design change since your unit was built, 2012 vs 2013 etc.

I have had STARCRAFT/ JAYCO units for over 39 years and 99% of the time the problem is your local dealer. I have never had a problem getting any issues rectified.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #5

I also agree with Divers2deep, JAYCO doesn't care about their customers. I have just had my final conversation with Paul Martin, Motorized Customer Service, Jayco Inc. They are like any other big buisness. Bottom line is ALL that matters to them. They have stuck us with 1/2 of the cost to repair the cracking paint I mentioned in my earlier thread. And by cracked I mean you can stick your finger through the 1/2 inch cracks. They know it is an on going warranty issue, flares on wheel wells are not installed properly and stress fractures in the fiberglass back wall, but have stalled us long enough to void warranty. They refused to repair the lifting of lino flooring saying dealer cannot get a good enough picture to show an actual problem. They wouldn't even approve to repair a leaking sprayer at kitchen sink or to replace loose screws in the shower stall. We have been requesting these repairs for 2 yrs with no results. The dealer that has been representing us told us they have recently taken possesion of a new unit and upon inspection found a huge hole in the leather recliner, and Jayco has refused to repair it for the dealership. So they even screw over their own dealerships. Buyer Beware!!!!! Jayco does not give customer service, they give you a lesson in "Once the cheque is cashed, your on your own". I advise that any warranty issued should be done by email, there is no way to document a phone call, your word against theirs. Oh, and in order to get a cheque from them for 1/2 the repairs ( offered in goodwill.... LMAO ), they are going to make me sign a waiver!!! Let see if they send one the voids us of all the warranty ie: drive train, motor, etc. Since I'm a woman I would not be surprised if they try that too. If you haven't bought a JAYCO yet, good luck to you if you do.
unhappycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
Site Team

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences and many mechanical/structural issues. It seems based on what is posted on this forum that overall these occurrences are not the norm and that generally Jayco does take care of their warranty issues and their customers. I hope you both get fixed up and are back on the road soon.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #7

I have had very good experiences whenever I contact Jayco about anything. They have always been polite and very helpful. Don't understand why they are treating you this way. Hope you can get it resolved soon. With all due respect, my next camper, if I ever get another one, will indeed be a Jayco, as I feel they are the best on the market, both product and service.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #8

Sorry to hear about these problems with your new motorhome.

As Grumpy pointed out chassis issues should be addressed by a Ford dealer and everything added to the chassis by Jayco should be handled thru the RV dealer. Many RV dealers are not well equipped or properly staffed to handle powertrain issues.

It wasn't clear which AC unit you were referring to. The dash AC will normally never be sufficent to cool the motorhome while driving. Back when I had a MH, we ran the generator and used the roof air.

I hope you are able to have these issues resolved quickly so you can enjoy the unit.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote