Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #1
PAC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Redmond
Posts: 2
Question House battery hookup 2018 22J

2018 Redhawk 22J. Would someone please post a photo of your house battery connections please? We disconnected ours, and can’t figure out how to re-connect it. All the cables are black.

Thank you!!
PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 87
j22 house battery pics

Attached is my from factory house battery setup. Single cable = '-' terminal.
I guess I need to color code these cables for future maintenance/replacement
Pretty dirty in there, needs spring cleaning
Attached Thumbnails
20220308_091916.jpg   20220308_091919.jpg  
__________________
2018 Jayco Redhawk 22J
201822j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
dvspl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC View Post
2018 Redhawk 22J. Would someone please post a photo of your house battery connections please? We disconnected ours, and can’t figure out how to re-connect it. All the cables are black.
I'm guessing that your Redhawk is wired the same way that my Greyhawk is. One of the cables is negative ground and the others all connect to the positive terminal. Use a multimeter to figure out which cable has continuity to the chassis ground. However, if you've already connected the cables incorrectly and have unsuccessfully tried to power up, you may have also blown the reverse polarity fuses in the converter. Check that, too.
__________________
retired USCG aviator
2020 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV/2021 MINI Cooper toad
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #4
PAC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Redmond
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvspl View Post
I'm guessing that your Redhawk is wired the same way that my Greyhawk is. One of the cables is negative ground and the others all connect to the positive terminal. Use a multimeter to figure out which cable has continuity to the chassis ground. However, if you've already connected the cables incorrectly and have unsuccessfully tried to power up, you may have also blown the reverse polarity fuses in the converter. Check that, too.
My husband says the fuses are blown as he hooked if you incorrectly after getting bad info from Jayco. Would you be able to send us a photo of where these fuses are? Thank you for your help.
PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dvspl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC View Post
My husband says the fuses are blown as he hooked if you incorrectly after getting bad info from Jayco. Would you be able to send us a photo of where these fuses are? Thank you for your help.
Well, unfortunately I don't have the same model and I'm not familiar with where the converter is located in the Redhawk 22J. But the reverse polarity fuses should be physically located on the converter itself. In my 29MV, the converter is located under the master bed. You have to remove a wooden cover panel after you've raised the bed. But I don't know what the 22J layout looks like. If you don't know where the converter is, hopefully someone will be along soon that can say where it is.
__________________
retired USCG aviator
2020 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV/2021 MINI Cooper toad
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018 redhawk 22j, battery connections, house battery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.