Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #1
PAC

Question House battery hookup 2018 22J

2018 Redhawk 22J. Would someone please post a photo of your house battery connections please? We disconnected ours, and can’t figure out how to re-connect it. All the cables are black.

Thank you!!
PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 AM   #2

j22 house battery pics

Attached is my from factory house battery setup. Single cable = '-' terminal.
I guess I need to color code these cables for future maintenance/replacement
Pretty dirty in there, needs spring cleaning
Attached Thumbnails
20220308_091916.jpg   20220308_091919.jpg  
Old 03-08-2022, 10:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC View Post
2018 Redhawk 22J. Would someone please post a photo of your house battery connections please? We disconnected ours, and can’t figure out how to re-connect it. All the cables are black.
I'm guessing that your Redhawk is wired the same way that my Greyhawk is. One of the cables is negative ground and the others all connect to the positive terminal. Use a multimeter to figure out which cable has continuity to the chassis ground. However, if you've already connected the cables incorrectly and have unsuccessfully tried to power up, you may have also blown the reverse polarity fuses in the converter. Check that, too.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #4
PAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvspl View Post
I'm guessing that your Redhawk is wired the same way that my Greyhawk is. One of the cables is negative ground and the others all connect to the positive terminal. Use a multimeter to figure out which cable has continuity to the chassis ground. However, if you've already connected the cables incorrectly and have unsuccessfully tried to power up, you may have also blown the reverse polarity fuses in the converter. Check that, too.
My husband says the fuses are blown as he hooked if you incorrectly after getting bad info from Jayco. Would you be able to send us a photo of where these fuses are? Thank you for your help.
PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC View Post
My husband says the fuses are blown as he hooked if you incorrectly after getting bad info from Jayco. Would you be able to send us a photo of where these fuses are? Thank you for your help.
Well, unfortunately I don't have the same model and I'm not familiar with where the converter is located in the Redhawk 22J. But the reverse polarity fuses should be physically located on the converter itself. In my 29MV, the converter is located under the master bed. You have to remove a wooden cover panel after you've raised the bed. But I don't know what the 22J layout looks like. If you don't know where the converter is, hopefully someone will be along soon that can say where it is.

Tags
2018 redhawk 22j, battery connections, house battery