Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #1

How did you organize your Seneca 37K kitchen?

Have only had ours for not quite a week. Planning and purging oh my.

As we prepare to FT I think the biggest adjustment will be the kitchen. Really happy with the floor plan otherwise. The large pantry is key. Counter space is another thing...compared to the other floorplans I think it is the smallest. The plan is to prep indoors and cook outside whenever weather and space permit. Have seen some clever collapsible kitchen set ups for outdoors and research soon on type of stoves,burners, griddle things.

Some of the burning questions.. There is not really a wall area to use for magnetic knife storage. How do you set up for coffee? Store coffee maker for travel? Store your dish drainer?

What clever things have you done to make the K's kitchen work for you?

We chose no booth. We have a built in credenza (love the storage and flat counter space) with pull out table with chairs (like they have in the class A's). The table is very small. May remove the table and do a counter height table. (perfect height to use as extra counter if needed...maybe?

Thought about a rolling cart...

Thanks so much in advance for the amazing community here!
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVing View Post

Some of the burning questions.. There is not really a wall area to use for magnetic knife storage. How do you set up for coffee? Store coffee maker for travel? Store your dish drainer?
Many think we are crazy, but in our 36FK - we leave our Cuisinart Electric coffee maker on the countertop 24/7/365. Even leave it ON while we are travelling. The only thing we did was cut a piece of the "no slip" sheet and put under the coffee maker. It never moves an inch.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cuisinart...3200/47005005?

This stuff: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tenura-75...eige/729453181
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #3

Kurig in the sink

My wife found, after it went flying to the ground, that storing the Kurig in the sink is very secure. We most-time so I get the need for a fully functioning kitchen. I will grill on my Webber Q down to 0 degrees f because cleanup is easy. Actually, I have found space for everything ECCEPT a kitchenaid stand mixer and an instapot! Would LOVE a dishwasher!! Fortunately I do the cooking and wife does the dishes!!