Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

How do I Turn On Icemaker

We took delivery of a 2016 Seneca 37RB a month ago and still have yet to figure out how to turn on the water supply to the Icemaker. I have talked to the Jayco help line and they sent me a PDF file with plumbing diagram. Because the refrigerator in the 37RB is slide mounted, the plumbing contains a section of flexible line that moves with the slide. Just where the flex meets the solid there is supposed to be a 90 degree shutoff valve. I can not see it even when the slide is in. Can anyone shed any light on this? This is not a crisis; just an inconvenience. Thanks, Mike
Senecarb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #2

Look under the wardrobe, or under the vanity. Is there a storage compartment under that slide? If so check under there.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the recommendations. Checked the wardrobe space and under the rear bathroom sink. Nothing. I can see where the flexible pipe and the solid pipe are attached to the rearmost driver side slide track. That is where the factory diagram shows the on/off valve. Looking above the compartment liner into the interior of the underside of the main floor, I can both the solid and the flexible lines, just not any valve. Looks like I'm in for some heavy-duty investigation.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

My Seneca has a valve in the water line at the back of the fridge. Accessible from the exterior panel behind fridge. Can I assume you know to lower the bar at the ice maker. It will take a bit of time for the ice maker to produce ice the first time.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

Ice Maker

Yes, I know about the on/off lever in the freezer compartment and the 90 degree on/off valve in the outside compartment that lets water get to the solenoid. Have also seen the low point drain on the bottom of the slide. Just looking for another valve somewhere earlier in the system. Thanks
Old 06-01-2016, 08:46 AM   #6

Senecarb37, since you have not posted a solution, if you are still having a problem what are you using for the water supply? If your valve settings are for the water tank, do you have the water pump on?

I know, obvious, but had to ask.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #7

Ice Maker Water Feed

Thanks for all the suggestions. The bottom line is that no water is getting to the on/off valve at the back of the refrigerator. We will be back at the dealers on 6/13 for this and some other small items. The good news is they are located just up the road from the Jayco factory. I don't plan on leaving until someone (dealer or factory rep, I don't care) can show me how to get water to the ice maker. I will post whatever happens.