Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

How do you Redhawk owners level your rig?

Ok,

When we bought our Redhawk nobody at the dealer said anything about leveling. I kind of wish they had tried to sell us leveling stuff, rather than the extended warranties and road service they were pushing at us! (real hard!)

So how do you fellow Redhawk owners level your rig, and how level does it really have to be for slideouts and fridge, etc?

I have been looking at "The Utility Blocks" or considering cutting up some lumber. Probably won't be adding big foots or such right now.

Thanks!

Chuck
myflyertrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #2

I got tired of using boards and those plastic squares, so I had Camping World install the Bigfoot Leveling System. I got the automatic version, but most of the time I have to manually adjust the individual jacks, so I would recommend getting the manual version and save several hundred bucks. The basic system is awesome, it's just the auto-adjust part that doesn't work well for me. The auto system was under $5000 but I don't remember the exact number. If it's important, pm me and I'll look up the exact number.
Tpratt83687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

I got a very good deal including getting the Big Foot levelers. They had to bring it back to the factory to get them installed. They also had them set to level the trailer automatically. Haven't had a problem with them not getting it level yet. I think the cost was @ $4,300, but I basically got them for free.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #4

Fortunately, it's never been an issue. Most sites that we've been in were very level. In the few that weren't, we were able to move the rig around a bit 'till we got it to within a half bubble, which as all you need to keep the fridge happy. If we ever do run into an out of level situation, we keep a few boards with us to take care of that situation.

Remember, the only important thing that you MUST keep level is the fridge. Just put a bubble level in the freezer compartment, and level to that (at home). Then put a second bubble level on the dog house (or any place that it's easy to see from the drivers seat, and shim it level and glue it down. From then on when that level is within a half a bubble, you'll know that you're good to go. You won't have to level to the fridge again, as the level that you put in the cab matches the fridge level.

Generally, when we pull into a paved site, the level is almost perfect. When it's a rougher camp site, we just move the unit a foot or two in one direction or another till the level in the cab shows within a half bubble. Really pretty simple...

Good luck and safe camping!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #5

I carry boards and plastic yellow things. typically I dont have to do much to the duals, but some bad spots may require a board or two. I hate having to level the back. Most places only require a board or two up front. At some of the better sights, we can get away with nothing.

We have also noticed that our sense of level is much worse after traveling all day and wake up wondering what we were thinking..
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #6

I use boards
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #7

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding leveling Redhawks. I finally purchased something called "The Utility Block" and they are really quite nice. Didn't want to pay thousands for anything fancy at this point. Here is a link to the video if you want to see what I bought.

http://thervgeeks.com/product-recomm...veling-blocks/

Thanks again! Chuck
myflyertrains is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
redhawk leveling